NO THIRD PARTIES PLEASE. CANNOT SPONSOR H-1 VISAS
Statement of Work
Project Description: Provide Distributed Application Development Support for any project in the IT Group.
- In a lead role, designs, codes, tests and documents new systems or enhancements to existing systems of high complexity and scope, working with common applications designs and specifications, utilizing industry and System standard procedures, products and methodologies.
- Assesses business and organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of new application systems or enhancements to existing applications.
- Executes performance and stress testing.
- Designs or adapts frameworks and best practices established for the project or unit, or by the System or industry.
- Assists in leading design and code reviews.
Minimum Qualifications (MQs)
- Five years of proven application development experience that includes creating distributed applications through analysis of specific business requirements.
- At least five years of working experience with Java.
- Two years of experience acting in a technical lead role.
- In-depth understanding and demonstrated use of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience developing and deploying standalone Java processes.
- Experience with deploying and supporting applications on Linux or Unix.
- Proven working knowledge of Tomcat.
- Proven working knowledge of the core Spring Framework.
- One to three years of experience with the Rational Application Developer (RAD) or Eclipse tool.
- Experience with deploying applications to an Application server (i.e. Tomcat, Websphere, JBOSS, Weblogic).
- One to three years of experience using relational database tools (Oracle, MS-SQL Server, etc.) and concepts.
- One to three years of experience applying the Unified Modeling Language (UML) standard using a modeling or diagram tool.
- Practical experience with Software Configuration Management (SCM) tool (i.e. Subversion, Clear Case, etc.).
- Experience with performance engineering and testing.
- Experience with developer testing practices (i.e. JUnit, Cactus, etc.) and understands the differences between unit, functional and system tests.
- Experience with Unified Process (UP) or agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with and is willing to initiate sharing knowledge with others
- Ability to speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Ability to quickly learn and practically apply new concepts or principles which can be confirmed by experience.
- Experience supporting a production application.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to help determine team strategy and policy.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Experience creating HTTP Servlet Filters
- Experience with MATLAB and MATLAB script language
- Experience with TIBCO Spotfire suite of software
- Experience with the S or S+ statistical programming language
- Experience with Red Hat and/or Solaris.
- Experience with implementing and/or maintaining automated build and deployment process via scripting languages (i.e. ANT, Groovy, Jython, etc.) and tools (i.e. Gradle, Maven, Hudson, etc.) a plus.
- Experience with JPA.
Approximate Hours: 864 hours, with the engagement beginning as soon as possible and concluding December 31, 2012.