SUMMARY: 1) be able to calibrate and perform functional testing on complex optical and electro-mechanical systems 2) have experience aligning lasers and 3) have experience using oscilloscopes, CCD cameras, and high power laser systems.
Heavy emphasis on working with optical components of the high power laser systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Disassemble and assemble laser systems down to the lowest subassembly or piece-part level.
- Inspect optical components for damage
- Clean high-powered-laser optical components, such as mirrors, beamsplitters, polarizers, waveplates, and lasing and frequency conversion crystals.
- Debond and/or glue optical components into retaining cells.
- Align laser resonators and frequency doubling/conversion crystals.
- Conduct calibration and burn-in tests on optical systems.
- Prepare engineering documentation.
- Work with measurement tools to validate and test hardware components.
- Make routine observations of tests and experiments to ascertain information clearly.
- Communicate findings to superiors and peers to help draw conclusions based on test results to solve problems and initiate root cause.
- Generate findings, summarize, and present data coherently to requestor.
- Work in a team atmosphere to contribute to discussions in a positive and proactive manner. Make recommendations and initiate procedures and corrective actions relating to the inspection and function of optical systems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 2 years of work-related experience in optics field.
- Experience aligning lasers and complex optical systems.
- Experience with precision manipulation of common laboratory tools, such as allen wrenches, screw drivers, tweezers, etc, in a clean environment.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, CCD cameras, and high power laser systems.
- Basic problem solving skills (root-cause analysis, cause and effect, design of experiment, capability studies, SPC).
- Create, update, and maintain files with advanced logic, formulas, and data manipulation (typically in an Excel file or equivalent).
- Basic engineering skills, such as blueprint reading and geometric tolerancing.
- Experience working with measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, microscopes).
- Intermediate written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to create and explain reports for/to sr. management and peers.
For immediate consideration please send your resume to email@example.com