Laser Engineer / Technician
- Disassemble and assemble laser systems down to the lowest subassembly or piece-part level.
- experience aligning lasers
- Heavy emphasis on working with optical components of the high power laser systems.
- Inspect optical components for damage
- Clean high-powered-laser optical components, such as mirrors, beamsplitters, polarizers, waveplates, and lasing and frequency conversion crystals.
- Debond and/or glue optical components into retaining cells.
- Align laser resonators and frequency doubling/conversion crystals.
- Work with measurement tools to validate and test hardware components.
- Make routine observations of tests and experiments to ascertain information clearly.
- Make recommendations and initiate procedures and corrective actions relating to the inspection and function of optical systems.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Experience aligning lasers and complex optical systems.
- Experience with precision manipulation of common laboratory tools, such as allen wrenches, screw drivers, tweezers, etc, in a clean environment.
- Experience using oscilloscopes, CCD cameras, and high power laser systems.
- Basic engineering skills, such as blueprint reading and geometric tolerancing.
- Experience working with measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, microscopes).
For immediate consideration please send your resume to email@example.com