Our client has an exciting contract opportunity (with the possibility of extension) for an experienced Software Systems Configuration Engineer at their St. Louis, MO location. The full job description is below. All qualified and interested candidates should apply and/or call (484)270-1807 with any questions.
Software Systems Configuration Manager
Responsible for change management version control of projects.
Additional duties may be agreed on an individual basis.
- Administration of code and issue management systems.
- Configure software compliance tools.
- Design and configure integrated build and test environments.
- Plan for configuration management of the projects.
- Audit on projects structure on Perforce to ensure it is created according to the plan.
- Perform configuration audits on project baselines.
- Participate in configuration management process improvement.
- Create virtualized development platforms.
- Install and configure operating systems and layered products.
- Automate via scripting, cross system distributed software assemblies.
- Documentation for use and audit.
- Audit / validation of installed and configured platforms and applications.
- Evaluation of third party software and systems.
- Provide applications support to the company Information Systems.
- Maintain installation standards of systems development & documentation.
- Development and maintenance of the company reports and templates.
- Integration of thirty party systems with company applications.
- Maintaining configuration of project systems.
- Ensure all configuration management deliverables are transitioned to production team.
- BS in Information Science, Computer Science or related field (Preferred).
- Experience with administration of a software version control system (Perforce, TFS).
- Experience with configuring and maintaining a relational database (MySQL, MS SQL).
- Experience with administration, configuring and maintaining a bugs tracking system (Bugzilla).
- In-depth knowledge of industry-standard technologies (C++, .NET, JIRA, etc) as applied to Software Configuration Management.
- 5+ years or more of professional experience in the above listed competencies.
- Demonstrated possession of excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and solve problems with minimal oversight.
- Experience with Windows Operating System installation in virtualized (i.e.VMWare ESX) environments.
- Use of third party products to provide reports and templates to defined standards.
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
Software development, Configuration management, System configuration, System administration, Software version control systems, Relational databases, Bug tracking systems, VMWare, MS Office products.
All qualified and interested candidates should apply and/or call (484)270-1807 with any questions.