Built on 30 years of expertise, Randstad Professionals provides specialized recruiting services to a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to small and mid-sized businesses spanning multiple industries.
Our Direct Hire Technology Practice is currently searching for a Lead Web Systems Engineer to join a company in the Columbia, MD area. This is a FTE career opportunity.
The Lead Web Systems Engineer will oversee all systems operations initiatives, including designing company-wide systems layout and network architecture and building out a multi-datacenter managed hosting platform.
Typical duties will include:
- Planning and executing on operations-focused business goals and objectives
- Providing level of effort estimates on new and existing infrastructure deployments
- Providing hands-on assistance with external client systems and services
- Working with other support personnel to troubleshoot application and service failures
- Develop and deploy extensive system and business level monitoring for production services
Job Requirements: Candidates should understand and have a proven track record with:
- Strong understanding of web application architecture, including TCP/IP, HTTP, and caching strategies at all layers
- Experience with internal core systems, such as, but not limited to, DNS, LDAP, NTP
- Hands on experience with system automation systems like Chef
- Ability to translate technical needs into business plans, and vice versa
- Familiar with all aspects of system administration on Solaris, Illumos, and/or Linux
Qualified candidates should send a resume to email@example.com
At this time, our client is only able to consider candidates that are eligible to work for any employer in the United States without sponsorship.