Reporting directly to the Global Leader of the Insurance Service vertical, the Vice President, Insurance Sales & Business Development will be responsible for the overall management of the business development organization. This is a technology and system integration Sales & Business development role with a quota carry requirement. Your success will be accomplished through effective self-sourcing into the highest levels of Global1000 insurance corporations as well as mid-level insurers for particular solutions or partner solution opportunities that may exist.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* At least one tenure in last 10 years having grown an insurance specific business development area to over $50m in revenue
* Successful tour of duty with a top 20 technology services & solutions company
* Superb, current rolodex in the world of Banking, financial services and insurance;
* Player-Coach mentality: willingness to independently bring in deals if required
* Drive the development of the overall global sales strategy for the Insurance Services vertical
* Develop the strategic and tactical sales plans to achieve outlined revenue goals
* Revenue generation and strategic partnerships development and management.
* Build and manage a business development team.
* Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
* Win early customers with limited support.
* Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales pipeline management.
* Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the sales and business development group. Through personal example, establish the style and approach which will characterize the Company*s dealings with the marketplace
* 10+ years of sales management experience including direct responsibility for revenue and margins
* Previously held a Vice President or equivalent level sales position
* Possess a BS/BA; MBA or advanced engineering degree preferred
* Extensive experience in solution sales to CxO level
* Knowledge of new and current technologies and trends in the Insurance industry including key solutions such as Guidewire, Adminserver (Oracle), etc.
* Min of 7 years experience in the technology, Insurance industry
* Experienced and skilled in:
* International Business Strategy, Marketing and Direct Sales
* Commercial Marketing and Direct Sales
* Channel Management
* Customized System Business Development
* Sales Development Plans, Account Plans and Go-to Market strategies
* Ability to leverage previously established outsourced relationships and new relationships with key decision makers in targeted companies
* The ability to align personal and sales team*s compensation with the company*s goals and objectives
* Proven experience taking an emerging technology solutions & services value proposition through customer validation into volume sales
* Understand customer needs, drive sales that map capabilities with customers while ensuring it is strategically profitable
* Demonstrated ability to personally initiate meetings with targeted companies and drive sales
* Strong creative and strategic approach to growing revenue complemented by flawless execution
* Sales management professional of unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character
* Ability to work in a large enterprise, rapidly growing, international entrepreneurial environment
* A "roll up your sleeves* type who gets involved in the details, but also understands the big picture
* Able to provide *hands-on* Executive Level sales support when requested