The Manager of Unified Communications will be responsible for all centrally managed unified communications solution. This includes but is not limited to, Global E-Mail with Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Office Communications Server / Lync, Cisco PBX / VOIP, Contact Centers, Web and Audio Conferencing and Voice Mail. The person in this role should be experienced with budgeting, people management, strategic planning, internal customer collaboration, executive presentations and overall service ownership.
Outstanding service delivery, operational excellence, customer satisfaction and high availability will be an expected part of this person’s expertise and mindset. The ideal candidate will be hands-on, results driven and comfortable in a fast paced globally diverse environment of 100K + endpoints.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide strategic direction for all centralized collaborative technology efforts including telecom, messaging, web and audio conferencing, video, and mobility.
• Implement processes and management methods to deliver operational excellence and best cost services
• Plan and manage budgets, forecasts, projects and associated staffing requirements.
• Be part of a team responsible for all tasks and activities associated with Unified Communication functions (e.g., VoIP network design and engineering, implementation, diagnostics or operations/user support, and Messaging)
• Confer with and advise executives, user representatives, and technical personnel regarding overall service strategy and solutions
• Build a business case to define the scope, benefits and metrics for the programs
• Work collaboratively across the enterprise and with external partners to define and deliver high quality, efficient solutions
• Be familiar with IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) versions 2 and 3 terminology and implementation
• Experience in assessing new opportunities and performing necessary due-diligence around technical, operational and financial impacts
• Self-directed and self-motivated with ability to take initiative
• Effectively collaborate with all levels of management and staff
• Excellent negotiation, communication skills and political acumen
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills
• Strong management skills including process creation and change management
• Ability to formulate stakeholder assessment, engagement and obtain buy-in strategies and execution
• Building strong interpersonal relationships, promoting a team-focused culture with strong shared goals & accountabilities, and influencing outcomes through leadership and persuasion
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and presentation skills
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to make sound decisions
EDUCATION / LANGUAGE
• Bachelor’s Degree in technical discipline. MBA desired but not required
• Fluent in English
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
• Has successfully deployed and managed a multi-vendor unified communications solution across 40K+ endpoints in a global environment.
• 4+ years of experience in Unified Communications or related technologies.
• Deep experience in VOIP, Video, Messaging, PBX, and Contact Center solutions
• Must be highly customer service oriented.
• Proven record of successfully executing strategic solutions for business customers.
• Must be highly organized and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong budgeting and financial shills, detail oriented.
• Negotiation and diplomacy skills for interfacing with customers and vendors
• Experienced in management of a multi-national staff with strong leadership and supervisory skills, and the ability to coach and mentor.
• Strong passion for technology and a hands-on, get the job done attitude.
• Works well in a collaborate environment and possesses a positive attitude
• Proven ability to make sound decisions in a timely manner
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to Brett Davidson at: firstname.lastname@example.org