The Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for delivering IT projects to schedule, budget and quality. Must have experience in managing Infrastructure related projects. The role requires a mastery of technical knowledge of project management inter-related process stages, i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management. Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, program management, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required. The Technical Project Manager must have excellent stakeholder relationship management skills to successfully lead and manage the project team and project stakeholders, and have expertise recognized and requested by customers.
Essentional Functions of the Job: * Manage IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, complex projects typically up to $5m in value and 12 to 18 months in duration. Successfully execute the project to agreed schedule, budget and scope.
* Responsible for the mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management).
* Work with Product owners in prioritizing User Stories and backlogs using Agile methodologies.
* Manage and conduct multiple scrum teams and coordinate with other Project Managers & Scrum teams.
* Perform the relevant project management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time, issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management.
* Plan the project based on a defined need - results in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline.
* Monitor and control the work to ensure that the project remains on track and in control.
* Plan for and manage change.
* Reports on variances to the approved project baseline.
* Close the project to formalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources.
* Interface and communicate with project team, management and stakeholders.
* Performs gate reviews and quality assurance reviews with all aspects of IT organization and business sponsors.
* Lead project teams consisting of cross- functional, global groups, directly supervise staff, assign responsibility to members and monitor progress.
* Coach, mentor and support less experienced project managers.
* Delivery of projects aligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures.
* Manage external contracts and suppliers where required.
* Work within defined governance processes.
* Ensure that quality project standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables.
To qualify, candidates must have:
* A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience.
* 5-10 years of strong Project Management with experience in managing Infrastructure related projects - Solid understanding of processes around deployment/implementation. LANs?WANs, database (DBA environments/activities). leasing and Server builds, Desktop Package Deployment10 to 15 years in a corporate IT environment.
* 5 to 10 years experience in project management.
* Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management.
* Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure).
* Experience in managing backlog and work assignments using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) Agile template.
* Experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases - plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
* Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication.
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously.
* Strong team working skills across client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams.
* Demonstrated experience working for large organizations on complex projects.
* Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships.
* Ability to facilitate change management with teams.
* Extensive experience of delivery that includes the use of supplier and off-shore resources.
* Experienced in managing to contract; ensuring clients and suppliers alike perform in accordance with original agreement.
* Experience across packaged and bespoke systems and infrastructure, ideally on an international basis.
* Experience in a professional services industry, preferred.
* Project management certification is preferred (PMI/CAPM or PMP, PRINCE2).
* Familiarity with ITIL v2 or 3 would be advantageous.
* National and international travel may be required.