Being part of a dynamic, growing organization offers an exciting career path full of opportunity. Ernst & Young's Financial Services Office (FSO) is a unique, industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services which leverage deep industry experience with strong functional capability and product knowledge. With a client base that includes financial institutions and other capital markets participants, there's tremendous potential for growth - and we're prepared to tap into that potential. Our FSO team takes a strategic approach to helping clients mitigate risk while improving and sustaining their business performance. In today's complex business environment, that means understanding the relationship between risk, the regulatory environment, and performance improvement, and applying our knowledge to help clients achieve their business objectives. When you're on our FSO team, you specialize in a particular competency - Risk, Performance Improvement, or IT Risk & Assurance - all as part of a world class, cross-functional team. You also have the opportunity to work across disciplines with professionals who have broad financial services industry sector experience and deep subject-matter knowledge. In FSO, our growth strategy focuses on being account-centric, issue-based and competency-driven. That's what differentiates Ernst & Young in the marketplace. The time is now. If you are interested in being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential - Ernst & Young's Financial Services Office is for you. Our Process and Controls (P&C) practice, a specialty advisory practice within Advisory Services, provides comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions. P&C seeks a consummate team player with a strong work ethic and excellent professional skills for the role of P&C Senior Manager focusing on the financial services industry. This professional will plan, lead and perform internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and risk advisory projects as a member of the management team and in accordance with the client's risk management strategy and EY's internal audit and SOX 404 methodologies. Responsibilities Coordinate, plan and deliver audit objectives and scope of work especially focusing on complex banking, capital markets, asset management or insurance systems. Work with the team and the client to perform risk assessments, design innovative audit approaches, plan engagement objectives, manage the execution of field work and draft and deliver audit reports while complying with professional standards and addressing the risks inherent in the engagement. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of financial services processes and complex information systems and apply knowledge to client situations. Use extensive knowledge of the client's business/industry to identify technological developments and evaluate the impacts on the client's business. Generate new business opportunities by participating in market facing activities and developing thought leadership materials. Understand EY and its service lines. Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities to introduce EY services. Demonstrate excellent project management skills, inspire teamwork and responsibility with engagement team members, and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of deliverables and services.
To qualify, candidates must have:
* a bachelor's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience
* a degree in accounting, finance, business or a related field; MBA preferred
* a minimum of 6+ years of related audit or applicable financial services business experience; 5 or more years of public accounting experience preferred
* prior experience generating new business opportunities by participating in market facing activities and developing thought leadership materials
* significant experience with internal audit risk assessment and governance, risk and compliance (GRC) methodologies, tools and enablers in the financial services sector
* experience working with hedge funds or other alternative asset managers a plus
* demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic demonstrated integrity within a professional environment
* advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* strong skills in project management and engagement closure
* experience and interest in recruiting and professional development
* proficiency with MS Office and Lotus Notes CPA/CA, CIA, CISA, CFE, CMA, RICS APC, PMP or CCIM certification desired; non-certified hires are required to become certified within 1 year from the date of hire; based on an individual's professional background, area of specialization, or industry focus, we recognize that other certifications, credentials, or experience may be more relevant than the listed certifications and therefore may be acceptable substitutes with written consent of Ernst & Young's Area and Americas leadership. Successful candidates must be available to travel as needed within and outside of the U.S. and work in excess of standard hours when necessary. Second language skills and international business experience are preferred.