GEICO and the Microsoft Platform Provisioning Team is seeking an experienced Microsoft Systems Engineer to join our team. In this role the selected candidate will develop, test, implement, provision, and deploy Microsoft platforms and applications that are hosted within the Microsoft Technology Engineering environments.
Core Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with Microsoft System Center tools including Virtual Machine Manager, Orchestrator, and Configuration Manager.
- Work with Microsoft Platforms including IIS, AppFabric, and Biztalk.
- Develop standards and governance for Microsoft platform configurations for applications within the DDC.
- Provide level 3 support for Microsoft Platforms in MTE supported environments including non-business hours.
- 3+ years of experience in a systems engineering role.
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft platforms including Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, BizTalk, Azure.
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyze, develop, and implement large scale enterprise solutions using Microsoft technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage day to day activities with moderate to minimal support of lead. Ability to escalate and resolve issues when appropriate.
- Good understanding of Private Cloud concepts and frameworks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal, written, and presentation. Ability to tailor communication to audience.
- Understanding of the concerns involved in infrastructure and operations management.
- Broad understanding of the Microsoft System Center suite, including Virtual Machine Manager, Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager, Orchestrator, Data Protection Manager, and Forefront.
- Experience developing PowerShell scripts to manage Microsoft Technologies.
- High level understanding of IT Service Management, ITIL, MOF
- Understanding of service oriented concepts and frameworks.
- Experience with planning, designing, implementing, and managing solutions using the Microsoft System Center suite, including Virtual Machine Manager, Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, Service Manager.
$85,000 - $110,000 based on experience.
How To Apply
Please click Apply Now to complete your application; you will need an active email address and phone number. Additionally, we request that you enter any work experience that you've had within at least the past five years. Once you begin your application you can save it if you need to access it later.
Driving your career. Insuring your future.
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
* 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
* Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
* Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
* Tuition reimbursement
* Associate assistance program
* Flexible spending accounts
* Business casual dress
* Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
* Associate clubs and sports teams
* Volunteer opportunities
* GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. Background and credit checks, hair or urine drug testing, and health assessments are required as part of our pre-employment process.