Lead Software Engineer – Java DevelopmentL
Location; San Francisco, CA
This is a lead role with team mentoring and management responsibility. Additionally you will work directly with key customers therefore you must be an extrovert to some degree. This is a fun job and being heads down is only part of the role.
Our teams work on high profile sites for clients such as Food Network, Coke Cola, Scripps Network, Special Olympics, and many more. You’ll work with these clients on critical projects, from concept phase through testing and launch. We work in an open, collaborative environment and seek developers who enjoy problem solving and straying outside the typical mundane routine.
In this role you will define, own and drive the overall web architecture, including core application features such as registration, content management, social graph integration, personalization, video and community forums. Translate designs into functioning web sites.
- Candidates will have 5+ years of professional web development experience.
- Must have a passion for web development and experience developing consumer facing websites.
- Experience developing data driven web applications in Java.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and software development principles.
- Understanding of web-based architecture.
- Understanding of version control techniques (Subversion, CVS, etc.).
- Up-to-date knowledge of latest trends in web application development.
- Understanding of the Document Object Model and DOM scripting techniques.
- Some experience developing Flash/ActionScript applications.
- Ability to articulate concepts/ideas and work effective with others under pressure.
- Incorporate commitments, strategic objectives, and day-to-day tasks seamlessly.
- Effective communicator internally and externally.
- Have the ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- To be a leader and mentor to junior engineers.