Senior Architect PHP/Java - Private Social Network
Location: San Mateo, CA
This well funded startup company created a solution that was the technology vehicle used to springboard the President of the United States into office. Post election this SaaS based solutions is being used by 1000*s of groups to efficiently expedite project planning for nearly every industry imaginable.
In this role the Architect will be the corner stone for a new development office in San Francisco. You will work directly with the founders and be responsible for providing deep technical expertise regarding the platform provided as a service.
This is a absolutely key role for the organization.
- 10+ years of experience developing systems and software for enterprise software.
- 5+ years of experience designing complex SaaS systems or complex distributed systems
- Proven track record in creating industry leading products in key Engineering roles.
- Experience with the full development life cycle experience of an application stack - from architecture through test and deployment.
- Prior working experience in cloud computing is highly desired
- PhD in Computer Science with 7+ years experience or Masters in Computer Science with 12+ years experience.
Technical skills :
- Experience with Application Server architecture in a clustered environment, SaaS and Web Services.
- Previous or current software development using Java, J2EE and OO design and programming.
- Solid design and coding skills with experience in web technologies: Java, PHP, Ruby, Perl, C++, AJAX, JSP, Web Services, XML, SOAP, PHP, SOA frameworks, HTTP(s) & JMS protocols, Spring, Hibernate, CSS, XHTML, Linux, Apache
- Comfortable with SQL and understand the behavioral differences of at least two major databases (DB2, MySQL, SQLServer, Sybase, Oracle, or Postgres)
- Proficient in system architectures
- Expertise in Online Transaction Processing Systems and underlying architecture to support high throughput and low response times*
- Ability to mentor, lead and manage growing team of technologists.