The opportunity is big, relevant and exciting: to play a lead role in aggressively promoting the pioneer in online real estate services while operating in a fast, fluid competitive environment that is transforming a bellwether industry. Nearly half of U.S. home sales today originate with information presented on the Internet and the real estate market continues to evolve through the use of mobile devices and social media. Move, Inc., which operates the realtor.com web site and other online assets, attracts more than 20 million unique users a month and intends to be on the cutting edge of these trends.
The Social Media Marketing Manager will employ resources inside and outside the company to ensure that all consumer marketing initiatives and consumer products include social hooks and engage our key audiences. As one of Moves key marketing professionals, he or she will help create and execute a focused and penetrating marketing strategy that makes use of traditional and emerging social media channels and will be a critical contributor to extending the reach of the company with key constituents, including employees, consumers.
Move, Inc.s business strategy is to create the leading real estate information marketplace by connecting consumers with the content, tools and professional expertise they need to find homes that are perfect for them. The company aims to serve consumers at every stage of the real estate cycle and to provide real estate professionals with a suite of CRM tools and customized advertising opportunities to better serve buyers and sellers in the marketplace.
Move is traded on the NASDAQ national market under the stock symbol MOVE. In 2012, the company generated $199 million in revenue, positive GAAP net income and expanding profit margins, and the company continued to invest aggressively in the growth and evolution of the business. For 2013, Move has guided investors to expect double-digit revenue growth to more than $220 million and greater profitability as the company benefits from investments in its consumer and professional offerings and as the housing market continues to rebound.
Move provides consumers with a powerful combination of depth, breadth and accuracy of information about homes for sale, new construction, homes for rent, multi-family rental properties, senior living communities, home financing, home improvement and moving resources. The company sources this content through its relationships with approximately 900 Multiple Listing Services, or MLSs, across the U.S. Through the realtor.com web site, the official site of the National Association of Realtors, consumers have access to over 100 million properties.
- The successful candidate will be an accomplished marketing professional who has experience in supporting different companies, preferably in consumer technology, consumer services or other mass markets. Experience in the real estate market is highly desirable.
- This role is based out of San Jose, CA and resides within the centralized marketing organization led by the CMO of Marketing.
- The successful candidate will be given significant opportunity to demonstrate his or her strategic and executional capabilities by partnering with the entire consumer marketing and product organizations and working directly with senior leaders in helping to increase the companys presence in key social channels. In addition, the individual will play a key role in communicating via word of mouth marketing as Move, Inc expands the products and services it provides.
- As a marketing manager, the successful candidate must be a highly organized thinker with the poise, presence and persuasiveness to work effectively with the companys senior leaders as well as with all other levels and functions of the organization. Possessing strong partnership skills and tact is key to success in this role. Additionally, this individual must possess strong written and verbal skills and a proven record of working on major programs that can grow to reach large audiences
- The role includes managing outside contractors and has the potential to grow to manage internal employees.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
Consumer Social Marketing
- The Social Media Marketing Manager will possess an intimate understanding of how consumer marketing initiatives can expand cost-effectively via word of mouth and social channels. He or she will know from experience that access, timeliness and credibility are at the heart of successful consumer social media relations. And he or she will maximize the companys working relationships with key consumer social outlets to enhance the companys leadership image. The individual must be familiar with the key tools involved in social marketing, including measurement devices such as Radian 6, and influence tools, such as Klout.
Consumer Marketing Initiatives
- An overarching priority for the Sr manager will be ensuring that all product and consumer initiatives include social and/or buzzworthy elements to them. This individual will help scale all relevant consumer marketing initiatives so that the market impact is much larger than it would be without the social/word or mouth components. The Sr manager will also work closely with Comms and Products to ensure that our products are easy to share. He /she will also work with the Events team to ensure that we consider how to integrate social components into our activities so that the reach extends beyond the physical audience.
- TheSocial Media Marketingmanager will serve as a trusted advisor to Moves managers, including senior staff and their teams. The individual will also partner with the product leaders on products such as Social Bios and Agent Match to help them become well known and a must have by realtors. He/she will develop the full marketing plan to support these types of products and will help collect user feedback to enhance the experience.
The Candidates Qualifications
- TheSocial Media Marketingmanager of consumer social marketing will have approximately 6-8 years of experience as a marketing professional, with a specific expertise in companies with major digital footprints.
- A Bachelors degree and experience with Internet services and products is required. Experience in the real estate vertical is highly desired.
- He or she will have an aptitude for both traditional and new media (blogs, social networks, etc.) in telling the companys story.
- He or she will have worked in companies where consumer marketing is not only valued but considered core to accomplishing organizational objectives.
- Finally, the individual will possess unimpeachable ethics and be 100% straightforward in all dealings inside and outside the company.
See Job Description