At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin and General Dynamics an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services.
IBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Senior Technical Lead / Java Developer who loves to write code and technical specs, and lead other developers with their development assignments. This position requires a highly motivated individual to work closely with Business Analysts and technical teams to specify and develop our highly configurable application. Requires the ability to architect and design complex Java EE applications, develop core application framework components, write specifications for other development teams and review other team's work. In this position, you will be expected to deliver high-performance, multi-tier, multi-threaded clustered software solutions, write clean, well-tested code and advocate for best practices and exceptional quality.
- Substantial experience designing and coding multi-tier systems.
- Deep knowledge of modern Java programming best practices for object-orientation, dependency injection, thread concurrency, performance tuning and API design, as well as, test-driven development for unit and integration testing.
- Development experience with Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and Maven.
- An ability to write complex SQL queries and efficiently retrieve data from a database.
- Ability to prototype and evaluate solutions, write technical specifications and lead other development teams.
- Experience with Web infrastructure such as Tomcat and Websphere is a plus.
- Experience with integration patterns, technology and infrastructure such as XML, JMS/MQ, WebServices, REST API's is a plus.
- Knowledge of developing scripts in Perl and UNIX shell is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required. Must be a team player.
- Experience with complex, discrete manufacturing and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) or/and ERP/PLM is highly desirable.
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher level degree in Computer Science is strongly preferred but your commercial and open-source programming experience may be considered.
Physical and Travel Requirements:
- The position will require travel approximately 30-50%, and in some circumstances may require travel to customers sites within the United States and overseas.
At iBASEt, we believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.