At iBASEt, we are revolutionizing the factory floor. We provide high-end manufacturers – such as United Technologies (UTC), Lockheed Martin, and General Dynamics – an integrated, paperless, commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) solution to optimize shop floor execution. Our products build in quality from start to finish by streamlining integrated functions across a product’s lifecycle from engineering to the supplier network, production and aftermarket services.
IBASEt is growing and committed to seizing the tremendous opportunities in our market space. We value our collaborative partnerships with our customers and are proud of the numerous industry awards we have received for our innovation.
Job Title: Senior Tech Lead / Java Developer
Department: Product Reports to: Director of Software Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Senior Tech Lead / Java Developer who loves to write code, technical Specs and lead other developers with their development assignments. This position requires a highly motivated individual to work closely with Business Analysts and technical teams to specify and develop our highly configurable application. Requires the ability to architect and design complex Java EE applications, develop core application framework components, write specifications for other development teams, review other team's work. The candidate is expected of delivering high-performance, multi-tier, multi-threaded clustered software solutions, writing clean code, well-tested and advocate for best practices and exceptional quality.
- Substantial experience designing and coding multi-tier systems.
- Deep knowledge of modern Java programming best practices for object-orientation, dependency injection, thread concurrency, performance tuning, and API design, as well as test-driven development for unit and integration testing.
- Development experience with Java frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and Maven.
- An ability to write complex SQL queries and efficiently retrieve data from a database.
- Ability to prototype and evaluate solutions, write technical specifications and lead and review other development teams.
- Experience with Web infrastructure such as Tomcat and Websphere is a plus.
- Experience with Integration patterns, technology and infrastructure such as XML, JMS/MQ, WebServices, REST API's is a plus.
- Knowledge of developing scripts in Perl, and UNIX shell is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Is a team player.
- Experience with complex, discrete manufacturing and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) or/and ERP/PLM is highly desirable.
- A Bachelor's or higher level degree in Computer Science is strongly preferred but your commercial and open-source programming experience may be considered.
Physical and Travel Requirements:
- The position will not generally require travel, except for occasional training and conference participation. In exceptional circumstances may require travel to customers site within the United States and overseas.
iBASEt’s office is in Orange County next to several coffee shops, parks, and restaurants. A multi-mile hiking trail is next door, Laguna Beach is less than ½ hour away, traffic is light, and the weather can’t be beat. We believe that our team members are crucial to our success and pride ourselves in offering robust benefits including medical, dental, 401K with match, wellness programs, and company bashes. Also we understand that life can sometimes get in the way of work so we try to accommodate our team members with a flexible work environment.