This is for a technical consulting position in the world-wide Business Analytics & Optimization (BAO) Center of Competency.
BAO Master Data Management Consultants are responsible for successful delivery of industry specific BAO technology initiatives. This individual will provide hands-on technical assistance working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams as well as participate in Solution Designs and manage client relationships within the context of this role.
The Master Data Management (MDM) Architect, is directly responsible for successful delivery of technical BAO Enterprise Information Management solutions. The MDM Consultant understands business challenges & translates them into process/technical solutions.
All candidates will have expert-level knowledge of enterprise master data technology initiatives in support of business, operations and technology teams, and knowledge of enterprise master data strategies and best practices. The MDM Consultant will drive master data schema development, access business rules, and master data design and migration processes. The role will provide standards, guidelines, processes and expertise to consistently address recurring strategic enterprise master data issues such as data convergence, data standards and data synchronization.
Preference to have expert level experience with MDM for PIM.
This position requires extensive global travel.
The BAO Information Management (IM) CoC is a team of 100 resources who support GBS BAO engagements worldwide.
It is also expected that newly hired resources into the Global Business Services U.S. practice live within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles) of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Hartford, CT; Houston, TX; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York City, NY and surrounding area; Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; and Washington, DC.
IBM Global Business Services
Help Make the World Work Smarter
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter. (2252)
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 2 years experience in using MDM tools, i.e. Infosphere MDM for PIM (hands-on experience)
* At least 4 years experience in BI full lifecycle engagements
* At least 3 years experience in implementing Master Data Management solutions (hands-on experience)
* At least 2 years experience in technical consulting
* At least 2 years experience in IBM Information Services (IIS) (e.g., Data Stage, Profile Stage, Quality Stage, Meta Data Management)
* At least 5 years experience in large complex data and data centre environments
* Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
* English: Fluent
* At least 3 years experience in using MDM tools, i.e. Infosphere MDM for PIM (hands-on experience)
* At least 6 years experience in BI full lifecycle engagements
* At least 4 years experience in implementing Master Data Management solutions (hands-on experience)
* At least 3 years experience in technical consulting
* At least 4 years experience in IBM Information Services (IIS) (e.g., Data Stage, Profile Stage, Quality Stage, Meta Data Management)
* At least 6 years experience in large complex data and data centre environments
To ALL recruitment agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
NOTE: This role can be located in any large metropolitan US City.
Post Date: 20130617
Department: Consulting & Services