The Financial Services Data Modeler is responsible for successful delivery of industry specific Business Analytics & Optimization (BAO) solutions for banking, insurance and / or financial market clients. The Data Modeler will be responsible for data modeling, data mapping, test and deployment efforts for various BAO tools and technology solutions.
He/she will be responsible for creating and maintaining logical and physical data models using established enterprise tools and best practices, including using the ERwin data modeling tool and Rational Data Architect. This individual provides hands-on technical knowledge working with database developers, DBAs, architects, data quality analysts, and other teams as well as manages client relationships within context of individual role.
Prior experience working with and implementing IBM's Bankind Data Warehouse (BDW) or Insurance Information Warehouse (IIW) and/or relevant experience implementing data models for reporting/analytics applications is required.
It is also expected that newly hired resources into the Global Business Services U.S. practice live within a reasonable commuting distance (generally 50 miles) of the following cities: Atlanta, GA; Boston, MA; Charlotte, NC; Chicago, IL; Cincinnati, OH; Columbus, OH; Cleveland, OH; Dallas, TX; Denver, CO; Detroit, MI; Hartford, CT; Houston, TX; Kansas City, MO; Los Angeles, CA; Miami, FL; New York City, NY and surrounding area; Philadelphia, PA; San Francisco, CA; and Washington, DC.
IBM Global Business Services
Help Make the World Work Smarter
The world is getting smarter, triggering unprecedented change. IBM's unparalleled ability to bring together deep business insight, advanced research, analytics, and technology enables IBM Global Business Services to help position its clients for the future. We leverage the proven roadmaps and frameworks that have been developed across 17 industries and the unique combination of skills and experiences of our teams in over 170 countries - unmatched capabilities. When you join IBM, you'll partner with our clients, and leverage these capabilities to deliver real business value.
As a member of the world's leading and largest consulting organization, you'll tap into resources that only a global leader like IBM can provide: access to a vast and diverse network of talented professionals; enjoy unparalleled career opportunities; be provided with ongoing training and education that you'll need to succeed; and work on some of the most interesting projects on the planet, helping everyone from organizations to local governments, work smarter. (2252)
* Bachelor's Degree
* At least 3 years experience in data modeling using modeling tools (i.e. Erwin)
* At least 3 years experience in Business Intelligence full-life-cycle engagements
* At least 3 years experience in data modeling in a large enterprise data warehousing and analytics environment
* At least 1 year experience in Financial Services Industry data modeling
* At least 3 years experience in data/business analysis skills
* Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
* English: Fluent
* Master's Degree
* At least 4 years experience in data modeling using modeling tools (i.e. Erwin)
* At least 4 years experience in Business Intelligence full-life-cycle engagements
* At least 2 years experience in leading a data modeling team
* At least 4 years experience in data modeling in a large enterprise data warehousing and analytics environment
* At least 4 years experience in Financial Services Industry data modeling
* At least 4 years experience in data/business analysis skills
To be an official applicant to IBM, you must submit a resume and online application. Resumes submitted remain active for six months.
To ALL recruitment agencies: IBM only accepts resumes from agencies on our Approved Agency List. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, IBM employees, or send to any IBM company location. IBM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
NOTE: This role can be located in any large metropolitan US City.
Post Date: 20130703
Department: Consulting & Services