IBM BPM Tech Lead - Filled 1 and need one more
Chicago North suburbs, IL
Responsible for application architecture for projects with enterprise-wide impact; approve design deliverables for projects; mentor first and mid-level solutions architects.
• Develops, maintains, and communicates processes and standard practices related to the design, development, and implementation of application solutions and patterns.
• Fosters and encourages solution reuse within Business Units and at the Enterprise level.
• Facilitates and enables the integration of applications and business processes using common methods, in managing projects with enterprise-wide impact.
• Develops & maintains conceptual, logical, and physical application architecture, in the research and development, planning, deployment, and training of application technologies, and the retirement of obsolete applications.
• Provides leadership in the logical and physical design of application systems, and ensures design is consistent and well integrated with existing conceptual, logical, and physical application architectures.
• Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and resources needed to develop, and implement application systems for projects with enterprise-wide impact.
• Researches and evaluates software technology, products, and solutions, and make recommendations on technology/production introduction, phase out, and retirement.
• Assists in application portfolio management, standards development, maintenance, and governance.
• Consults with clients to prototype, refine, test, and implement applications to meet needs.
• Mentors first level and mid-level Application Architects.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
• Bachelor’s Degree and at least 10 years of experience in IT.
• At least 5 years of experience in application systems design, construction, implementation, and maintenance.
• At least 7 years of experience working with technical design process and models.
• At least 7 years of experience identifying and articulating needs, determining project scope, creating a plan and estimating project costs, effort, and duration.
• At least 7 years of experience with enterprise architecture standards, processes & tools, including IT Architecture standards, Technology trends.
• At least 7 years of experience with systems integration processes, methodology, and tools.
• At least 5 years of experience in application architecture.
• Experience with SDLC / SW development processes (RUP, Agile, Waterfall).
• Experience utilizing verbal and written communication skills - articulating and communicating information and ideas to varying audiences and in multiple written styles (persuasive, informative, narrative) in order to negotiate/gain access to information and records.
• Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
• Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
• Master’s Degree in IT/CS.