Title: Windows Server/ VMWare Engineer
Location: Chicago, IL
Duration: Long Term
Key need: Hands-on Windows and VMware experience and ITIL knowledge, Team lead experience (nice to have). Citrix XenDesktop experience is an added bonus.
The hands-on Team Lead\Engineer has full responsibility for operational, troubleshooting and engineering support of Windows servers and
supported applications. The team lead is also responsible for providing technical and process related direction to the team.
- 8 years minimum IT experience
- 6 years minimum experience in an enterprise server environment with both administration and problem resolution of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 required.
- 5 years minimum working with VMWare (5/5.1) products. Experience supporting a large VMware environment
- Knowledge of ITIL processes and experience adhering to them in a production environment
- Windows Server 2003/2008 Active Directory management including DNS, GPO expertise required.
- MCITP on Windows Server 2008 certification required- nice to have.
- 3 years minimum Team Lead or Supervisory experience leading a team of Windows server professionals – nice to have
• Professional attitude, appearance and communication skills required
• Management of a large Windows 2003/2008environment (5000 objects minimum) including modification of thousands of users utilizing
standard scripting tools is desired.
• Systems management application (LANDesk, SCOM or SCCM) experience a plus
• CommVaultand/or NetBackup experience a plus
• SAN storage management a plus
• Citrix XenApp .6.5 experience desired