The Network Engineer will work on a team responsible for Tier I network proactive monitoring/execution.
Focusing at the LAN level (LAN/Layer 2 Experience is fundamental including complex VLAN configurations, VRF etc.) with some WAN level experience/knowledge. Within this scope, responsibilities include but are not limited to troubleshooting and taking ownership of LAN network environment incidents to resolution while properly documenting all work activity in the ticketing system, working with multiple internal and customer organizations, and serving as the initial escalation point for all customer related network issues.
**The Network Operations Center is a 24/7 environment and as such, all candidates must be open to working day and/or night shifts as needed.**
Minimum of 3-7 years of network administration, LAN administration, and/or WAN administration
• BA and/or BS with any technology concentration, or equivalent experience
• Industry recognized certifications such as Network +, CCNA, and/or CCDA
• Understanding and experience with 802.1q, STP, RSTP, MSTP, VLAN, MPLS
• Experience with firewalls and/or load balancers, preferably Cisco PIX/ASA and/or Citrix Netscaler Load Balancers
• Experience and understanding of IPSEC VPN tunnels
• Experience with TCP/IP packet analysis using Wireshark or raw packet captures using tcpdump
• Experience with network monitoring tools (HP Openview, Intermapper, Solarwinds, SiteScope, NetIQ)
• Experience with Cisco, Citrix, Foundry, and/or Juniper equipment
• Experience with Cisco Enterprise Switches (6500 series, CatOS, IOS and NxOS)
• Expert knowledge of the OSI model and ability to apply it to real world problem solving
• Proficient with the following networking concepts and technologies; Access Control List (ACLs), TCP/IP, VLANs, VRF, VSS, VDC, Port channeling, Traffic Shaping, Priority Queuing, IP Multicast and routing protocols
• Load balancer experience (F5 & Citrix Netscaler)