The candidate will be responsible for the migration of an Oracle database from the VMS operating system to Linux and implementation of a database back-out strategy. Development work will be performed primarily on Linux systems, and will consist of data migration, sizing, and developing database triggers and stored procedures to keep the Linux and VMS databases synchronized. VMS tasks will be limited to maintenance of existing database queries and exports. Database administration tasks will include Oracle database software installation, configuration/tuning and database creation.
- 7 years experience database application development utilizing Pro*C and PL/SQL (triggers and stored procedures)
- Data migration (specifically expdp, impdp)
- 3 years experience with basic Database Administration (DBA), including the following responsibilities:
Installation and configuration of Oracle database 11G on Linux, including patching (opatch)
Database creation (dbca)
Listener, shared server, and database link configuration
Database schemas, users, privileges, basic Oracle data dictionary and view knowledge
Tablespace and table sizing, locally-managed tablespaces
- Oracle Advanced Security (OAS) installation and configuration experience
- Implementation of Oracle GoldenGate
- Basic knowledge of VMS operating system and DCL command language.
Note: must be willing to work on W2