DATABASE and Business Object Developer- MID LEVEL POSITIONPermanent hire ( client is willing to consider contract to hire )Chicago downtown ( in the loop )Excellent benefits ( medical, 401 K match 6%, vacation, tuition reimbursement, 2000$ for training annually etc )Solid stable - healthcare inormation services industry
The Database Developer position will provide hands-on support in the design and development of all Relational Database Management Systems.
This includes all development, staging and production database servers and applications.
There is room for professional growth and promotion, which is evaluated on a yearly basis.
Database Development / Data Mart Development
- Collaboration with developers on creating, debugging and deploying stored procedures and custom SSIS packages
- Create automated TSQL scripts to process summary database transactions that run off-hours.
- Create automated TSQL scripts to perform database updates (ie. data integrity) that run off-hours.
- Assist with the extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from disparate sources and ensure its integrity
- Load data through application interface
- Develop automated and reusable routines for extracting requested information from database systems
Business Object development
- Build and maintain Business Object Universes
- Build and maintain Business Object Webi Reports
- Build and maintain Business Object Crystal Reports
- Run ad-hoc reports from the databases.
May have responsibility for some or all of the following:
- Data warehouse Development/Maintenance
- Backup the Business Intelligence Analyst to design, enhance & maintain the data warehouse
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS in computer science or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of Database Development experience with SQL Server 2005 and/or 2008 is preferred.
- Experience supporting and implementing complex logical database designs and relational database concepts
- A minimum (3) years Transact SQL experience with an advanced ability to analyze and architect data and data models/schema
- A minimum of two (2) years of Business Objects/Crystal Reports experience is preferred
- Data modeling experience (ERWIN or equivalent preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills. Effective analyst able to work closely with non-technical users.
- Previous experience in a professional society, trade association or healthcare management preferred.
- Ability to explain complex subjects to the audience with wide variety of technical skills
- Be driven by the desire to achieve measurable, specific results within tight time frames
- Commitment to excellence in customer service