DIRECTOR - GLOBAL BUSINESS SYSTEMS (SAP, BI )
Fort Collins Colorado
relocation assistance provided
Our client is a multinational company with leading edge technology and headquartered in Fort Collins, CO. They are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on our client's technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
POSITION PURPOSE: Direct the planning, analysis, selection, development and implementation of enterprise business systems in support of business operations in order to improve cost effectiveness, service quality and business success. Leads the Global IT Business Systems organization and ensures IT solutions meet strategic business requirements. This position has technical architecture responsibility for software solutions developed to ensure software architecture is best suited to meet the long-term needs of the business. Enables improved business processes and standardization through a centralized, standardized and agile systems portfolio.
- Jointly responsible for the business systems strategic plan and aligning with business strategies
- Establishes goals, objectives and metrics for the Global IT Business Systems organization.
- Responsible for enterprise PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems and processes.
- Will assume responsibility for corporate wide PLM system implementation team.
- Responsible for entire SAP environment (ERP, BPC, etc…) strategic planning.
- Required to develop strategic plan for enhancing SAP’s capabilities across the organization
- Responsible for implementations and enhancements - Responsible for leading engineering software globally.
- Will set strategic direction for key engineering software systems.
- Responsible for delivering strategic engineering software investment roadmap.
- Responsible for Business Intelligence Strategy and Leadership (BOBJ)
- Sets and communicates vision for area of responsibility.
- Provides leadership, direction and coaching to specific Global IT Business Systems members.
- Responsible for managing a global team spread across multiple countries and time zones.
- Demonstrates ability to be a leader of leaders
- Jointly develops organizational policies and procedures for business systems design, development, testing, implementation, maintenance and change management. - Works directly with business leaders to understand system requirements and prioritize development work. - Responsible for overall planning, budgeting (capital and expense), staffing, execution, and success of the specific Global IT Business Systems. - Responsible for staff development and coaching. - Responsible for vendor management for software, services and consulting. - Manages both internal and external resources to meet strategic project requirements. - Responsible for IT process controls and meeting SOX compliance requirements. - Shares responsibility for the Global IT Strategic Plan, and participates as a member of the Global IT Leadership Team. - Directs Global IT projects that deliver technical and business capabilities from initiation through implementation. - Responsible for supporting audit requirements and tasks related to on-going audits. - Recruits, hires and directs technical staff. - Performs team and staff performance evaluations, and manages personnel issues. - Drives continuous process improvements. Uses continuous improvement tools (i.e. Lean, DMAIC, Six Sigma, Kaizen, etc.) to analyze operational statistics, trends, variances, processes, and customer interface.
EDUCATION / TRAINING: - Four (4) year college degree (BS/BA) in MIS, computer science, mathematics, business administration or related field - Masters in Business Administration preferred, not required.
JOB EXPERIENCE: -
8 to 10 years of IT business systems experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a global manufacturing environment.
- Project management experience leading a business systems team.
- Five (5) years of experience managing an ERP system.
- Prior SAP experience.
- Prior experience managing Engineering Tools a plus.
- Role has the responsibility for the following areas:
- SAP for $400 million segment of the business,
- Engineering Software tools management, and
- Business intelligence team.