SR NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER ( 4 OPENINGS )
( CHECKPOINT FIREWALLS - design / configuration / management EXPERIENCE IS A MUST
Working in a PCI environment is nice to have )
Duration: 9-12 months, 40 hours a week
REMOTE HOME BASED
initial training in Arkansas for 2 weeks
Expected start date: April
The level 4 Security Engineer Contractor is responsible for the design, implementation and support of enterprise and data center wide voice and data security solutions that align with the architecture and business models to achieve optimal solutions client and its customers.
The Security Engineer is responsible for
- developing, implementing, and maintaining Security solutions to include Security, Security/Threat, and Voice solutions;
- developing and maintaining Security documentation; developing and maintaining Security standards and guidelines;
- manage Security and security capacity planning;
- interacting and consulting with customers to collect required solution information; coordinating solutions with customers;
- and providing support for engineering design and implementation issues.
- Requires minimum of 5 years' experience with one of the following certifications, or Bachelor's degree and 3 years’ experience.
- Consistently provides proven, formal mentorship
- High complexity assignments - owner
- Moderate complexity assignments - owner (1 or >)
- Low complexity assignments - provide oversight/review
- Regularly lead self and others and/or established as Product SME and/or established as specialist
- The associate is expected to begin enhancing the contribution of other associates through consultation, mentoring, training; and/or knowledge sharing.
- The associate is involved in multiple technical, development, or account related projects and/or processes that are of a complex and/or critical nature.
- This associate may also be routinely involved in providing expert consultation with regard to his/her area of expertise.
- The associate is expected to utilize his/her technical (area of) expertise on multiple, complex, and high-priority projects and/or processes.
- Directs product strategy for a specific telephony product, new or established
- Performs client and market research to define and qualify product strategy and direction.
- Builds product business plans to drive revenue and rationalize investment.
- Creates product road maps and writes user stories and requirements.
- Partners with engineering to ensure product strategy and requirements are aligned with development strategy and to orchestrate product development.
- Engages delivery organization to ensure product operations and delivery capabilities are addressed.
- Performs competitive analysis and monitors business and technology trends relevant to product.
- Participates with various teams regarding network, security and / or telephony projects, change tickets, and trouble tickets, etc. Assists in the evaluation of issue priority and provides front line response to various internal groups regarding product and solution support.
Certifications CCNA,CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications, or equivalent work experience.