The Production Support group prides itself on keeping the applications and systems of the client up and running to cater to the 24x7 needs of the business. As part of the team candidate will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, engage in automation activities, do root-cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
- We seek an experienced IT professional to join us as an application support engineer working in the Open Systems Operations group.
- Candidate must have 6+ years of software development and administration experience and supporting end-users, configuring, and troubleshooting software applications, systems, databases and associated devices.
- In addition to delivering technically, the candidate will lead by example, be self-motivated, and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Must Have Skills:
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience: UNIX scripting, SQL queries using oracle, application support experience, and WebSphere administration experience.
- 6+ years experience in Software Development.
- 4+ years of experience with application support organization working in 24x7 environments.
- 1-2 years of experience with Oracle, PL/SQL (stored procedures, functions, views, triggers) and UNIX Bash scripting.
- Java experience preferred.
- Industry preference: financial services.
- Falcon fraud detection exposure – would be helpful.
- Experience in supporting systems that run on Oracle (DBA skills are a plus but not required).
- Solid experience with web-related technologies including WebSphere, Apache, Tomcat, etc.
- Experience with shell scripting, PERL or other related automation techniques.
- Solid understanding of core networking concepts such as routing, protocols, subnets, DNS.
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing major components for large projects.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools, alert escalation, customer / vendor management etc.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency and productivity of Service desk and other operations groups.
- Familiarity and/or experience in implementing ITIL concepts in addition to technical aptitude are highly valued.