Principal Responsibilities include:
• Technical understanding of healthcare applications, data systems, data warehouses, and data integration in a data warehouse environment.
• Ability to write test plans based off technical requirements and interviews with business and system analysts.
• Develop and execute test cases validating data loads and transformation logic into staging, ODS, and data warehouse layers.
• Review ETL programs, perform QA validation of outputs, and provide feedback to ETL development staff including root cause analysis on failed tests.
• Work as a team with IT staff to revise the systems to properly handle the healthcare data and to establish effective procedures for business participation in validation and error handling.
• Ensure data quality and completeness from both internal systems as well as external data trading partners
• Work with the Data Integration team to create a formal quality assurance process for new EDI files.
• Must maintain a fundamental understanding of data flows and transformations from various applications and data sources to the data warehouse and other reporting environments
• Make recommendations and be involved in all decisions involving data used in the data warehouse and EDI transaction sets including encounter, financial, membership, providers, and clinical data tables.
• Work within the IT production environment to help troubleshoot, isolate, repair, or improve broken data jobs or logic.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
• Consult with managers, IT, and employee users.
• Write test plans, performs systematic unit and regression testing, and provide root cause analysis on failed tests.
• Constant and close visual work at desk or computer.
• Constant sitting and working at desk.
• Constant data entry using keyboard and/or mouse.
• Frequent use of telephone headset.
• Frequent verbal and written communication with staff and other business associates by telephone, correspondence, or in person.
• Frequent lifting of folders and other objects weighing between 0 and 30 lbs.
• Frequent walking and standing.
• Occasional driving of automobiles.
EDUCATION OR TRAINING EQUIVALENT TO:
• Bachelor’s degree in a health-related or information technology discipline.
MINIMUM YEARS OF ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum five years’ experience in quality assurance testing of data warehouse systems preferably in a health care payer organization.
• Ability to write SQL for test plan scenarios.
• Strong knowledge and experience with relational and dimensional databases include data warehouse tools and techniques in a MS-SQL Server environment.
SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, ABILITIES, LICENSE):
• Certified Professional in Health Care Quality (CPHQ) desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of health care.
• Knowledge of standard healthcare reporting requirements and metrics including HEDIS measures, CMS, and DHCS reporting requirements.
• Experience with records auditing.
• Demonstrated knowledge of SQL, VB, or Access required.
• Ability to learn quickly.
• Strong analytical skills.