Marlabs is a US based global technology services and Solutions Company with presence in North America, South America, Europe and Asia providing avant-garde services to Fortune companies. As a Gold partner with Microsoft, Oracle and a Premier business partner of IBM and all leading technology companies, Marlabs is in the hall of fame of Inc500 and, as well as being ranked by Deloitte and Touché as one of the fastest growing companies, we were recently chosen as One of the 50 Best Places to work in NJ, among large employers. Marlabs owns technology Center of Excellence (CoE) in the US to help employees in continued learning and innovation with cutting edge technologies and solutions to consistently stay at the forefront of the technology wave.
Marlabs provides solutions to over 100 customers, Including Fortune 500, from North America, South America, Europe and Asia in Banking/Finance, Media, Insurance, Retail and Energy & Utilities verticals. Company has major delivery centers in the US, Near shore centers in Canada, Mexico and Offshore delivery centers in India and Malaysia.
Title: QA Analyst
Duration: 12 months
Detail Job Description:
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated Quality Assurance engineer to join our team. The position requires a strong engineer with experience in testing of Big Data in the data-warehouse. Qualified candidates will need to programmatically test the solution, measure test coverage, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the solution, while promoting best practices in quality areas. The system test should expose integration defects in production level code as well as defects at the component and feature end-to-end prospective. Candidates will need to define test plans, test specifications, test suites, test cases as well as design tools for unit, functional and performance testing in a programmatic manner.
The QA Engineer will:
• Review project deliverables (for example, Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Technical Designs) as they relate to a given test stage.
• Review and provide input to test deliverables.
• Define test plan / strategy and identify risks related to testing efforts.
• Create test cases based on technical design specifications for E2E data validation.
• Understand ELT & ETL logic & write complex SQL queries for full data validation between source & target at all stages of the data flow.
• Identify and analyze data discrepancies and data quality issues and work to ensure data consistency and integrity.
• Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
• Works across various groups & effectively drive testing of cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements.
• Inform the Project Test Lead of issues that may affect the schedule, budget, or quality of the solution or the testing process.
• Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
• At least 8 years working experience in a variety of technical roles within Information Technology
• 5 or more years experience in QA analysis roles in Big Data BI environments.
Requirements and General Skills:
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated keen sense of detail and accuracy.
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Background with traditional databases such as Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, ETL tools / processes and data warehousing architectures.
• Extensive experience with SQL/Oracle & analysis tools (Sas, Matlab, etc.)
• Previous big data experience using Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, and asynchronous architectures.
• Experience with raw, unstructured data.
• Strong quantitative, data tabulation and analytic skills.
• Ability to investigate discrepancies in data by writing queries and comparative analysis.
• Ability to develop and use test plans, test cases, test scripts, test results
• Experience using technical documents such as business requirements, functional requirements, database design representations, data and systems flow diagrams.
Chief Manager - Strategic Sourcing
Marlabs Inc.| One Corporate Place South | Piscataway, NJ 08854
Tel: 732.694.1000 X 1460 | Mobile: 732.306.6684 | Fax: 732.676.7992 Nrc.naidu@Marlabs.com
Marlabs is committed to environmental conservation. Please do not print this e-mail unless necessary.