Linux System Administrator
Job Location: Milpitas, CA
Job Type:- Full Time / Permanent
Required Degree: Bachelors or higher
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide other support per requests from customers. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- 10 + years of system administration experience
- 6+ years or more working with LINUX using Redhat and CentOS.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in UNIX/LINUX is desirable.
- Experience and deep understanding of the following technologies:
- LINUX Desktop environments, GNOME, VNC
- Sun or UNIVA Grid Engines
- Storage systems, NetApp, EMC, NAS
- Symantec Netbackup, NDMP
- NFS and LINUX automounter
- EDA Tools administration, (SYNOPSYS, Cadence)
- NIS, DNS, DHCP
- LINUX scripting