Prestigious Financial Institution is currently seeking a Network Engineer. Candidate will be a member of a team responsible for a large LAN/WAN/WLAN network routers, switches, firewalls and access points and associated equipment from other vendors.
• Installation and configuration of network equipment from various vendors (Arista, Cisco, Brocade, etc.)
• Working with trading firms on their connectivity
• Network monitoring, management and troubleshooting with various tools including SolarWinds Nettools, Remedy, Gigastor, Gigavue, etc. Work with other teams to develop new tools or enhance existing tools
• Independently working on projects from start to finish, including developing network designs based on user requirements, creating network diagrams using Visio, configuring network equipment and full implementation follow-through and documentation.
• Act as the network liaison and communicate network protocols and network procedural expectations to internal departments and trading firms,
• Work with other departments to troubleshoot and resolve network problems. Respond to questions and problems via email and phone while managing the Network Group email.
• Evaluate existing network policies and procedures to identify gaps and make constructive recommendations for edits, enhancements or additional level of detail and develop new policies and procedures.
• Analyze network performance, specifically latency, and provide summary of performance and identify trends.
• Participate in network on-call support schedule.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years LAN/WAN experience configuring routers and switches
• understanding of Layer 3 routing protocols including OSPF and BGP
• wireless Networking (Cisco NCS, Controllers and Access Points)
• network equipment vendors, Arista, Cisco
• Experience with Unix and Linux scripting
• Experience planning, managing, prioritizing, assigning and monitoring work to meet objectives of multiple or competing priorities/projects
• Ability to resolve complex problems through the use of troubleshooting skills and protocol analysis using packet captures.
• Ability to respond effectively to unexpected situations in a professional and calm manner; stay focused on issues and facts when under stress; project credibility and poise under difficult or adverse conditions
• Ability to prepare detailed written reports including logical, factual analysis with clarity, completeness, and accuracy and create clearly-written, organized documents and correspondence with correct grammar, spelling and punctuation