**Position Can be located in most major US Cities, Preferred locations are Chicago, NYC/NJ area and Houston**
**Must have a bachelor’s degree**
**Must be OK with 100% Travel, Monday – Friday, always home on weekends**
Prestigious Professional Services Company is seeking Consultants and Managers with 3+ years of Desktop and VDI experience as well as Project Management experience. Strong Windows Desktop technologies with VMView or Citrix XEN Desktop. This is for strong Lead Engineers with architecture, implementation and project leadership experience. Desktop messaging and management systems and as many other technologies are preferred. Good soft skills and job stability is required, any server experience is a plus.
**Managers will have led teams on client sites or inside an enterprise organization implementing desktop infrastructure/virtualization technologies**
Workplace and Collaboration professionals develop and deliver end-user computing solutions to transform, migrate, remediate and deploy workplace technologies, such as desktops, laptops, tablets, smart phones, point-of-sale (POS) and other devices. Minimize one-time transformation and ongoing management costs, while optimizing enterprise collaboration and information sharing.
- Eagerness to participate on a team designing, building and/or testing Workplace and Collaboration focused solutions.
- Thoroughly document all facets of the infrastructure solution.
- Apply company methodology, company reusable assets, and previous work experience to delivery consistently high quality work.
- Deliver written or oral status reports regularly.
- Stay educated on new and emerging market offerings that may be of interest to our clients.
- 100% travel (Monday - Friday).
- Adapt to existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Understand the strategic direction set by senior management as it relates to team goals.
- Use considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Primary upward interaction is with direct supervisor. May interact with peers and/or management levels at a client and/or within company. Determine methods and procedures on new assignments with guidance.
- Manage small teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within company.
- Minimum of 2 year of technical architecture design, evaluation, and analysis.
- Minimum of 2 years of Project Management experience (Project and Resource planning using MS Project).
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in 3 of the following 5 areas:
- Client Operating Systems (e.g. Microsoft Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000 or Linux/Unix).
- Directory Systems (e.g. Windows Server 200x, Active Directory, Novell NDS, Sun1).
- Messaging Technologies (e.g. Microsoft Exchange 5.5/200x, Lotus Notes).
- Collaboration and End User Productivity (e.g. Microsoft Office 200x, SharePoint, Groove, InfoPath, WWF, Office Communicator Server).
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Build (VMWare View, Citrix XenDesktop, etc.), Application Virtualization Build (Microsoft App-V, Endeavor, InstallFree, ThinApp, etc.), Thin Client, Deployment (Wyse, HP, etc.).
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience in 2 of the 3 following areas:
- Desktop transformation and messaging environment implementations.
- Thin Computing Technologies (e.g. Terminal Services, Citrix, Wyse, VMWare).
- Desktop Management (e.g. Microsoft SMS, Altiris).
- Previous Consulting or client service delivery experience.
- Architectural exposure to Red Hat LINUX, UNIX, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, IIS Server, J2EE, .NET and other technologies (Quest Software, Remedy and BMC).
- Technical/Team Leadership Experience.
- Personnel Development Experience (hiring, resource planning, performance feedback, etc.).
- Adapts existing methods and procedures to create possible alternative solutions to moderately complex problems.
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem solving environment.
- Attention to Detail.
- Strong organizational & multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and thought processes.