Large Enterprise Financial Firm the north Chicago suburbs seeks an experienced Senior Manager of Decision Infrastructure Solutions.
This newly-created, highly-visible, and mission-critical position reports to the Director of Decision Implementation Management. Will be responsible for the enhancement of our Decision Making Infrastructure, along with managing 1 staff member. The role is multi-faceted, requiring a mixture of research, communication, problem solving, presentation, and collaboration with our Business Technology partners. Knowledge and the ability to evaluate new tools and products is a critical responsibility of this role.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Establish relationships across the enterprise to gather business rule needs within the organization.
2. Stay up-to-date of new advancements in decisioning technology.
3. Regularly evaluate different tools and products that may contribute to the enhancement and optimization of our decision making infrastructure.
4. Facilitate the execution of Proofs of Concepts (POC) for products that may be of value. This includes following the DFS Vender Management Process, as well as interactions with Business Technology and vendor partners as required.
5. Present the results of such POCs to Sr. Management along with cost benefit analysis, and obtain approval
6. Facilitate the implementation of these products from inception through post implementation analysis while maintaining a timely delivery with a goal of zero defects
7. Drive process improvement initiatives
A minimum of a Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar. Will consider Bachelors-Degreed candidates with close-matching experience.
- Experience with Decision Engines, for example, Blaze (preferred), Capstone, iLog, or Strata, Drools, etc.), along with experience in building Business Rule Engine infrastructure and integration into a company’s existing infrastructure.
- At least 1 year experience with credit bureaus.
- About 8 years work experience in technical solution evaluation and implementation.
- Staff Management experience (ie. hire-fire, performance evaluation, mentoring / coaching, career development, delegating workloads, disciplinary action).
- Extensive experience in a Technology Consulting Management role.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Financial Services industry, business rules, and data
- Experience with customer relationship management concepts and processes8. Knowledge of Operating Systems (such as Windows, Linux, Unix)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to multi-task