H1B Candidates are welcome to apply **No Third Parties
Large enterprise Financial Firm in downtown Chicago is seeking a Lead Engineer of F5 Big-IP Infrastructure networks. As the Network Engineer Lead, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of a Global Network. You will provide technical thought leadership for voice and data networks, define, maintain, communicate, and implement standards consistent with established architecture and strategy.
• Primary owner of F5 Big-IP infrastructure with LTM.
• Perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of hot fixes and version upgrades.
• Participate in and/or lead projects of medium to high complexity.
• Leads on-call production support activities, using the technical knowledge and capability to handle all problems that may arise.
• Proactively puts procedures in place to prevent and reduce the severity of outages.
• Oversees or performs the installation and testing of upgrades working with the systems and applications teams.
• Conducts updates of management information systems, including asset management, time tracking and other systems.
• Available to be on call 24/7 on a team rotating schedule once assimilated into the team.
As Network Engineer Lead, you should have 9+ year’s progressive data communications experience, and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field or similar discipline. In addition, you should have expertise and experience in technical and professional areas.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
• 5-7 years of experience of design, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large network consisting of Load balancing, WAN, LAN, and VPNs.
• 5 years of experience of working with BIG-IP LTM, GTM, and Viprions
• Demonstrate expertise in configuring advance load balancing algorithm like (but not limited to) cookie persistence, priority group, etc. is required.
• Working knowledge of iRules, iApp, and SSL PKI is required.
• Understanding of LTM interaction with Apache and JBoss
• Experience with interaction between network and other technologies that include Linux OS, firewalls, Oracle, NFS, and virtualization pools
• Ability to troubleshoot web load balancing through use of tools such as Fiddler, HTTPWatch, etc. is a plus.
• 5-7 years of experience in routing protocols like (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, VRRP, IP, HSRP, BGP for dual ISP, etc. protocols) and set up load balancing using BGP for dual ISP
• 5-7 years of experience with layer-2, layer-3, and/or layer-4 network protocols and technologies, TCP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, REST, SOAP, NFSv4.x, SMB
• Basic UNIX shell scripting skills (required for configuration and monitoring activities)