Prestigious Enterprise Firm seeks talented Java Developers with significant experience in an E-commerce environment.
The Sr Applications Developer builds database systems that are high-quality, scalable, and high-performance to meet the demands of our rapidly growing E-Commerce ATG websites and Back End content management and reporting systems.
- Assesses business rules. Analyzes and reviews integration requirements and develops detailed design specifications based on standards and guidelines.
- Performs logical and physical data modeling.
- Implements physical database objects, managing data, and building/extending toolsets.
- Provides high-quality analytical and problem solving skills when addressing and resolving issues, assessing possible systems impacts and recommending technical solutions.
- Develops optimized stored procedures to solve complex problems.
- Tunes databases for peak performance; implements databases in an Oracle/Microsoft SQL Server environment.
- Reviews project plans, development and test specifications, communicating implementation limitations and data-driven solutions with all levels of project team and management.
- Partners cross functionally and across disciplines, including but not limited to: Program Management; Test Team; Technical Operations; Software Development Engineers, and various business owners, in the implementation of analytical and technical solutions.
- Mentors and supports other colleagues on the team.
1. BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or relevant certifications and documented OJT.
2. 3 to 5 years Java development, database modeling, stored procedures, jobs, complex queries and modifications.
3. Experience working with high-volume websites, preferably E-commerce related and/or a multi-channel/multi-brand environment.
4. Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Oracle/SQL Server, Integration Services, and Reporting Services.
5. Strong database Scripting and programming skills in developing stored procedures, triggers, automation, etc.
6. Excellent technical written and verbal communication skills
7. CRM/ATG experience required