Prestigious Financial Firm in downtown Chicago seeks a Senior Java Developer for the development of innovative automated solutions for a variety of tasks including development of automation tools, frameworks and tests for the QA, Integration Test and Software Development teams.
As part of the team you will be working on problems in a number of areas related to post trade clearing and infrastructure.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design and develop code for automated testing; develop tools and components to assist in the same
• Develop solutions and implement tasks for continuous delivery of software such as managing application builds and deployments, maintenance tasks, etc.
• Coordinate with developers and manual testers to determine automation needs and priorities
• Communicate status on ongoing test development efforts
• Recommend software improvements and/or corrections
• Document automation procedures and train automation users
• 5-6 years of software development experience; extensive programming experience in Java with strong OOP skills.
• Experience with at least one testing framework like JUnit, TestNG, etc. Knowledge of test automation platforms for GUI and non-GUI testing like Selenium, and testing frameworks like Cucumber would be an additional plus.
• Good knowledge of at least one Java build system and experience with CI servers.
• Expertise in SQL (for Oracle), familiarity with XML, experience working on Linux platform, and basic knowledge of Middleware interfaces.
• Solid comprehension of automation techniques and strong coding skills.
• Ability to implement and expand scalable test automation solutions independently and in a timely manner.
• Good Scripting skills in at least one common language (Shell, Perl, Python).
• Knowledge of any JVM language like Groovy, Scala, etc would be a plus.
• Knowledge of testing methodologies and software development life cycle.
• Experience with requirements review, manual test verification, and results/metrics reporting.
• Communication skills are a priority – both verbal and written.
• Ability to prioritize, organize and accomplish multiple tasks, both as part of a team and independently.
• Ability to master new concepts quickly.
BS or MS Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
Technical Knowledge and Abilities
Candidate must possess knowledge of five or more of the following items to be considered:
• Experience in Java with strong OOP skills.
• Experience with at least one testing framework (JUnit, TestNG, etc).
• Expertise in SQL. Working knowledge of at least one major database like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
• Good Scripting skills in at least one common language (Perl, Python, Shell).
• Working knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
• Experience with test automation tools like Selenium, TestPartner, QTP, etc.
• Experience with testing frameworks like cucumber, JBehave.
• Knowledge of any JVM language like Groovy, Scala, etc.
• Experience using UC4 or any other scheduler.
• Experience testing high volume financial exchange systems, particularly clearing applications.