Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Mobile Platform Architect. Candidate will be responsible for implementation of new mobile features across multiple platforms and leads the architecture component of the development team in an eCommerce division.
- Designs and implements new features across multiple platforms (iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc), including mobile application development, architecture design, infrastructure design, technology build and deployment activities.
- Articulates requirements into technical architecture. Oversees the architecture component of the development staff. Recommends and sets strategic architecture direction and approves high level software development / architecture. Improves mobile application performance. Recommends strategic architecture direction.
- Participates in and contributes to 3rd party integrations and work closely with development on various dynamic initiatives.
- Provides framework and assists in business impact analysis, business case development, and product selection. Responsible for providing enterprise architecture guidance and relations in a multi-supplier environment.
- Applies experience with electronic commerce and the impact of the Internet and Mobile technologies on traditional business.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year of hands-on experience in application development in iOS.
- Mobile Technology Software experience in at least one of the following platforms: iOS (Apple), Blackberry (RIM), Android (Google).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience taking a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of application.
- Willing to travel between Chicago and Deerfield, IL.
- At least 1 year of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Computer Technology field, such as IS, IT or Computer Science.
- Application development experience in Android or Blackberry.
- Experience leading and facilitating web/mobile strategy and planning.
- Experience working in a consulting environment.
- Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience in development and implementation of enterprise architecture/applications. knowledge of server-side and web services development
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.