Bachelor's Degree Required.* Travel Involved ( Monday - Friday)
Enterprise Professional Services Firm is currently seeking an OpenStack Cloud Storage Manager.
Storage Technologies professionals:
- Develop and deliver technology strategies and solutions that establish the processes and devices for recording and storing enterprise data and managing its life cycle.
- Provide solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Set strategic directions to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interact with senior management levels at a client and/or within, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client
- Minimum of 3 years of hands on experience with storage technologies (EMC/Network Appliance/Hitachi Data Systems/IBM/HP/Dell/Oracle), including architecture and design.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Architecting and implementing storage, backup/recovery and/or data management solutions.
- Experience with OpenStack storage design and implementation projects.
- Experience with OpenStack cloud self-healing procedures.
- Candidate should demonstrate the capability to articulate the OpenStack value proposition and understand the produts and offering landscape of OpenStack technologies.
- Experience in developing the strategy and roadmap of OpenStack technologies including, but not limited to:
- Openstack Swift & Cinder, Ceph (Folsom Release) - Object & Block Store
- Openstack Nova - Compute (VMs)
- Openstack Horizon - Standard Portal Access
- Openstack Glance - Standard Images (OS & Platforms)
- Openstack Quantum - Network
- Cloud bursting and Software defined datacenters
- Designing scalable storage and backup/recovery architectures for critical business systems.
- Design and deployment of advanced computing and storage technologies, eg server virtualization, storage virtualization, etc.
- Exposure to Hardware Platforms (Unix/Wintel - HP/Sun/IBM etc.) and Operating Systems (Windows/Unix/Linux).
- Experience with Linux Operating Environments, including networking technologies and protocols.
Experience with configuration management frameworks - Puppet, Chef.
Experience with CloudStack and VMware vDirector.
- Some combination of the following skills:
- Designing/deploying Information Management Lifecycle solutions.
- Data center (including application and data) migration/consolidation.
- Datacenter/Server/Network Operational Components (Monitoring, Management, etc.).
- ITIL concepts.
- Application/Database rationalization design/implementation.
- Asset Management (Experience with tools/process).
- Planning future storage capacity.
- Implementing disaster recovery processes and procedures.
- Maintaining problem tracking and resolution at a detailed level for service requests.
- Performance tuning of Servers and related systems.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Desire to work in an information systems environment.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.