The Oracle Apps/Core DBA will be responsible for managing a broad range of activities, including but not limited to:
- Installation/Maintenance of Oracle ERP (11i, R12).
- Day to day activities for ERP: Cloning, Patching, Code Migration, Performance Tuning, Capacity Planning, Database monitoring, User Management, Backup/Recovery Management, SR Management, Monitoring Applications and its services.
- Database administration, tuning, monitoring and control all of the organization's enterprise databases - RAC and Non-RAC.
- Configuration, upgrade, backup, tuning, capacity planning & administration of multiple Oracle (10g/11g) databases.
- PCP, RAC, DataGuard, RMAN and other related technologies.
- Administer and maintain Oracle 10g and 11g on Solaris and UNIX/Linux.
- Scripting on SUN, HP, Linux using shell, perl.
- Day-to-day effective technical performance of the physical DBMS, including taking necessary action to improve performance and initiate recovery activities when system failure occurs.
- Database backup and recovery procedures to ensure the integrity of disaster recovery process using RMAN, DataGuard and/or SMO.
- Maintain documentation and contribute to the ongoing development of new standards.
- Ensure that the proper disaster recovery procedures are in place and adhered to.
- Undertake the technical evaluation of new or prospective Oracle implementations.
- Perform database upgrades from Oracle 8.x/9.x/10.x to 11g/12c.
- Migrate Data and/or databases using optimal technology - Export/Import, Data-pump, Transportable tablespaces.
- EBS System Administration - User/Role Management, Responsibilities Management, Concurrent Manager/Requests Management.
- Experience with SSO-EBS and IAMS is a big plus
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in database administration of large-scale systems and a BA/BS degree.
- Key areas of expected competence: Architecture, Availability & Maintenance, Backup and Recovery, Business Processes & requirements and Security.
- Detailed understanding of the Oracle data dictionary, TKprof, Explain Plan, cost based, rule based optimizers, indexes, and SQL statement tuning are key.
- Experience with tools such as OEM, TOAD
- Excellent Troubleshooting skills
- Solid hands-on database and operating system (Solaris, Linux, NT/Win2K) experience and knowledge. OEM, TOAD
- Must provide organization with 24/7 support for production databases.
- Strong project planning, problem solving and communication skills (written and verbal) are all essential for success in this role.
Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, Activision Blizzard is a global interactive entertainment software leader and the world’s largest independent video game publisher.
The company’s product portfolio includes Activision Publishing’s Call of Duty®, and Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™ franchises and such established licensed properties as Spider-Man™, X-Men™, James Bond™, and Transformers™, as well as Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft®, Warcraft®, StarCraft®, and Diablo® franchises.
Activision Blizzard is the umbrella organization over Activision Publishing and Blizzard Entertainment and provides corporate shared services such as Legal, HR, Finance, IT, Accounting, Facilities and Sales, for both companies.