WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Senior Systems Analyst to join the Retirement Solutions Division in Aliso Viejo, California or Omaha, Nebraska.. The Retirement Solutions Division leverages its strengths in product development, technology, service and risk management to create retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. With the guidance of financial professionals, customers have access to an array of annuities and mutual funds designed to help grow assets and to provide retirement income for financial independence.
The Senior Systems Analyst provides business analysis and support to our customers, management, and technical staff in support of the Retirement Solutions Divisions administration systems (primarily Mainframe applications).
* Gathers business requirements, and analyzes and evaluates business needs, requirements, data, processes, and systems for complex technology projects.
* Recommends project scope, facilitates and participates in application design sessions, and proposes and develops system solutions.
* Prepares time estimates for completing projects, and assists in overall project scope definition, management and project tracking.
* Writes detailed functional and technical specifications, and prepares other systems and functional documentation such as flow charts, use cases, and test scripts.
* Represents Technology in business meetings, facilitates the development process, and tracks project status.
* Assists with unit testing prior to turn over to Model Office/Quality Assurance department.
* Coordinates and participates in the Quality Assurance/testing process. Works with Quality Assurance analysts and programmers to analyze data and coordinate problem resolution.
* Coordinates, communicates and verifies implementation delivery.
* Troubleshoots production problems. Provides consultative support to business units, acts as liaison between business areas and Technology, keeps all parties informed of status, and coordinates problem resolution.
* Guides, advises and/or trains less experienced staff.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
* Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in an analytical field, computer science, or equivalent experience.
* 7+ years of business administration and/or systems analysis experience in a Financial Services application development environment (Annuity and/or Life Insurance preferred).
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
* Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
* Strong project management skills, PMP certification preferred
* Understanding of structured development methodologies a plus.
* Knowledge of related CSC contract administration systems preferred (Vantage, wmA, DSS, RPS desirable).
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
* Competitive salary and bonus program
* Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
* Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
* Generous vacation time and holiday pay
* And much more!
*Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
*If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.