WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Websphere Portal Development Supervisor to join the Life Division in Aliso Viejo, California. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.
Responsible for managing Pacific Life’s new external facing website and its interfaces with internal and external systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Coordinating the development, maintenance and support of internet facing applications.
* Leading application developers, systems analysts, and technology project managers.
* Recommending and approving enhancements/changes to applications, formulating and defining scope, anticipating business challenges and regulatory issues, and recommending process and service improvements.
* Managing, scheduling and implementing Websphere portal technology-related initiatives and strategies, ensuring on time, on budget and quality delivery of system changes.
* Ensuring application service levels are met on a daily basis.
* Implement proactive system monitoring and escalate issues for management attention appropriately.
* Work with management to prioritize & implement system enhancements, bug fixes & project releases.
* Ensuring nightly processes complete successfully and in a timely manner to support internal and business partner requirements.
* Overseeing compliance to appropriate policies, standards, and audit requirements.
* Operating an effective application development area including processes such as work request management, resource management, project planning, release and configuration management, requirements analysis, systems design, programming, implementation, and documentation.
* Providing development opportunities and career path guidance to staff.
This position is for a hands-on supervisor who will quickly learn about the systems he/she is responsible for and be able to discuss, in detail, system capabilities and potential enhancements with senior management, direct reports, other development teams, and business customers.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
* 10+ years progressive technology experience in application development and testing, including 2+ years of leadership and managerial experience, preferably in a Websphere Portal environment.
* Strong development experience in Java, J2EE, WCM, Websphere, Webservice technologies.
* Experience in cross-platform application integration (JAVA and .NET with Mainframe Applications).
* Experience in other technologies used by the applications would be a plus: WCM, WEF, .Net.
* 5+ years experience in Life Insurance and/or financial services with a thorough understanding of business functions & processes would be a plus.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven leadership, organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Strong team building, partnership and collaboration, and resource management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize/communicate conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment.
* A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
* Competitive salary and bonus program
* Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
* Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
* Generous vacation time and holiday pay
* And much more!
*Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
*If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.