WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE
At Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special – it’s purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
Pacific Life offers life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products and services, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. Headquartered in Newport Beach, CA, Pacific Life is a Fortune 500 company with approximately 2800 employees. We pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative and results-oriented. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success.
Currently, we are seeking a talented Application Development Manager to join the Retirement Solutions Division in Newport Beach, California. The Retirement Solutions Division leverages its strengths in product development, technology, service and risk management to create retirement solutions for individuals, families, and businesses. With the guidance of financial professionals, customers have access to an array of annuities and mutual funds designed to help grow assets and to provide retirement income for financial independence.
Responsible for managing the development, maintenance, and support of mainframe applications, including contract administration of annuity products in both the accumulation and payout phases of an annuity.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Managing application developers, and consulting with systems analysts, and project managers across all technology departments
* Participating in technology/application strategies, including cross-platform integration, project scheduling.
* Installing and delivering software releases to meet business needs.
* Recommending and approving enhancements/changes to applications, formulating and defining scope, anticipating business challenges and regulatory issues, and recommending process and service improvements.
* Overseeing and ensuring adequate oncall/production support for applications in QA and Production
* Overseeing compliance to appropriate policies, standards, and audit requirements
* Operating an effective application development area including processes such as work request management, resource management, project planning, release and configuration management, requirements analysis, systems design, programming, implementation, and documentation.
* Participate in department’s strategic planning and advise on technology roadmaps and development standards and processes.
* Providing development opportunities and career path guidance to staff.
This position is for a hands-on manager who will quickly learn about the systems he/she is responsible for and be able to discuss, in detail, system capabilities and potential enhancements with senior management, direct reports, other development teams, and business customers.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
* Minimum 5 to 7 years experience, and demonstrated expertise, in managing a significant development operation including core administrative system processing, and managing technical resources.
* Experience in application architecture design and implementation in a mixed software package and custom coded environment
* Experience in cross-platform application integration: JAVA and .NET with Mainframe Applications
* Knowledge of Mainframe (COBOL/DB2/VSAM/CICS/JCL) platform including experience with techniques and procedures for technical analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation strategies. Strong understanding of development methodologies.
* 5+ years experience in Annuity, Life Insurance and/or financial services with a thorough understanding of business functions & processes. Experience with CSC’s Vantage-One, Wealth Management Accelerator and/or Distribution Support System is a plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven leadership, organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills.
* Proven facilitation, relationship and negotiation skills, effectively working across application development groups.
* Strong team building, partnership and collaboration, and resource management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize/communicate conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment.
* A Bachelors degree in Information Systems or Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes:
* Competitive salary and bonus program
* Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees
* Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
* Generous vacation time and holiday pay
* And much more!
*Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
*If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.