- The Senior IT Audit Consultant will serve as a member of the Corporate Audit Services Department.
- The position will be based in Charlotte, NC, and travel will be required, up to 25%.
- This position will report administratively to a Manager.
Major Accountabilities include, but not limited to:
- Work within a team environment to execute IT audit projects within prescribed time budgets, ensuring high quality audit results and well-crafted audit report deliverables.
- Oversee the day-to-day efforts of assigned audit personnel, where applicable.
- Provide technical assistance related to information technology to internal/external personnel, including but not limited to SOX-related internal controls.
- Perform audit condition follow-up procedures.
- Participate in annual risk assessment processes, including the identification of key risks across the enterprise, and development of the audit plan.
- Build and maintain effective relationships.
- Maintain current knowledge of matters impacting IT, the energy industry, audit and the company.
Candidates who have above average communication skills, can demonstrate or exhibit the ability to be able to move within our organization and who have experience beyond SOX and general IT computing controls. We like to see upward movement within the resume. We must have a 4 year degree.
For IT auditors, in general we are looking for:
- Preferably IT and IT audit background
- Certified, or actively pursuing (CISSP, CISA)
- Some technical depth or the demonstrated ability to go deep technically
- Network security, SCADA, Active Directory, or PeopleSoft experience is a plus, but not required
- Four (4)-year degree in computer science, business, finance, or other applicable field.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant IT audit or technical IT work experience.
- Holds or is working toward a Certified Information Systems Auditor certification, Certified Information Systems Security Professional, Certified Internal Auditor or other certification.
- Demonstrated technical skills and varied IT experience including: network security with an understanding of firewalls, DMZ and proxy; web services; SSL (Secured Sockets Layer); Active Directory; and VPN (Virtual Private Networks); PC/LAN (Windows, UNIX); client/server, web-based systems; application development; interfaces; databases (Oracle, SQL, DB2); data security; e-business; mainframe (MVS), etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and accurately using oral and written communications with different levels of management.
- Ability to reason logically, analyze data presented, evaluate the impact of information collected, and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to assess and determine risk impacts
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Ability to develop and incorporate new technologies in the audit process.
- Advanced knowledge in relevant information technology field.
- Ability to understand global context/responsibilities of the audit function.
- Advanced degree, such as an MBA.
- PeopleSoft technical expertise.
Our total rewards package includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage
- Retirement benefits
- Wellness programs
- Time off benefits
- Work-life balance programs