PDS currently has the following open opportunity:
Job Title: Big Data Engineer
Our client has an immediate opening for a Big Data Engineer in the Scottsdale, AZ area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our client is a dynamic and fast growing industry leading organization in developing innovative solutions to help protect the financial services industry from sophisticated, high tech fraud rings that operate around the globe. We are looking for high energy, hardworking and passionate software engineers, like YOU, to join us in creating a product platform utilizing cutting edge big data technology. This big data platform will drive our new products and capabilities. This is a unique opportunity where you can not only be part of the team to build out the underlying big data platform itself, but to have hands on experience creating the products that will be the next generation of fraud fighting tools. If this all sounds interesting to you, here are a few questions:
- Are you passionate about solving novel real-world problems?
- Would you like to turn the tables on asset and identity thieves, fighting them with superior technology?
- Are you a champion of quality software engineering practices such as behavior-driven development, continuous integration and delivery, customer collaboration, and merciless refactoring?
- Does the challenge of developing massively parallel, highly-available, rigorously secure, share-nothing architectures to support high-performance low-latency streaming-analytics products inspire you?
- Do you want to immerse yourself into the deep end of the Big Data pool?
Responsibilities for talented and motivated big data software engineers/architects:
- Design and build high-quality re-usable grid-based software components for the purpose of fighting global financial fraud
- Loosely integrate state-of-the-art Big Data technologies into the overall architecture
- Evaluate new FOSS and COTS technologies for fit as they become available
- Become an expert in the technologies ultimately deployed as part of the architecture
- Work closely with the administration, delivery and operations specialists to ensure proper tuning and operation of the systems
- Identify opportunities for improving existing software usability, performance, reliability, scalability, security, etc.
- Identify opportunities for improving the process of creating and delivering high-quality solutions
- Ensure designs, codes and documentation are in line with the enterprise strategies, principles and standards
Technology Skills/ Requirements:
- Experience with high-performance, distributed, massively scalable and highly available architectures
- 7+ years of object oriented experience with at least 5 of those years in a software engineering context
- 3+ years Java/J2EE experience
- 2+ years of hands on experience with at least one “Big Data” technology – e.g. Hadoop, Cassandra, etc.
- Test/Behavioral Driven Development experience
- Domain Driven Design experience
- Domain Specific Languages and frameworks experience
- Experience with event driven SOA, BPMN or other architectures
A definite plus:
- Semantic web modeling/programming
- Experience with JVM-based languages – e.g. Java, Scala, Groovy, Clojure
- NoSQL & "Big Data" solutions - e.g. Cassandra, Hadoop, Lucene/Solr, data grids and distributed graph DBs
- JVM-based technologies with some integration to .Net and legacy technologies
- Experience with event driven SOA/ESB – e.g. JBoss, Mule
- Understanding of traditional Relational Database and SQL experience with Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- SOAP/REST Web Service development
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
If you’re interested in and a strong fit for the above opportunity please apply now.
1) Are you local (AZ)?
2) Are you currently working?
3) What is your availability to interview? How soon could you start if you were offered this position?
4) Are you a US Citizen? What is your citizenship status?
5) Do you have any upcoming vacations?
6) What are your annual salary requirements? What are your hourly wage requirements?
7) Are you seeking a contract, contract to hire, direct hire or are you open to all?
8) Phone number to reach you quickly for interview scheduling?
9) Are you currently interviewing? Do you have any other offers?