This is a remote position with travel.
There will be some weeks of upto 75% travel, and others with 25% or less with an average of about 50% travel overall.
- Work with external customer, user and Pega development team members to visualize and implement successful user experiences.
Key Result Areas:
- Subject matter expert for PRPC implementation regarding UI concepts and design strategies
- Gather requirements of users/stakeholders and rapidly create wireframes that represent the concepts being discussed. Help direct discussions to conceive and later validate UI concepts and metaphors.
- Conduct front-end UI analysis, interviewing, user/task analysis.
- Create high fidelity prototypes within Pega’s application development tools and validate with users
- Work with Engineering to ensure the technical feasibility of designs and guide the interface through the development process.
- Support use of PRPC to implement the UI for external customer applications.
- In-depth knowledge of User Interface Design principals, Human Factors, User Centered Design Processes, Interaction Design guidelines, Usability Methodologies, industry standards and trends, platform standards, and the software development process. Equally important is an innate sense of how people perceive and interact with software.
- Experience working on enterprise-scale, multi-tier, web-based commercial software applications. Extensive experience with rich-client interfaces; preferably browser-based but thick-client is also valuable.
- Become expert on PRPC’s UI-related functionality and serve as a subject matter expert within the Global Services organization.
- Capable of thinking at a conceptual level, identifying unifying UI metaphors, and working on a dynamically generated, multi-product UI framework.
- Experience mentoring and reviewing the work of outside consultants and vendors and working collaboratively to develop UI artifacts.
- Ability to juggle several projects simultaneously without missing deadlines
- Well-developed problem-solving ability and critical thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are mandatory. Must be able to articulate complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Strong desire to learn and develop additional skills and expertise over time.
- Development experience, especially with Java, is a plus.
Behavioral and Interpersonal:
- Ability to communicate with wide variety of personalities.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Flexibility (ability to change direction based upon team and stakeholder consensus).
- Ability to listen and interpret communication into product design.
- Positive attitude.
- Actively work with team.
- Role modeling.
Sphere of Influence:
- The successful candidate will be working in a cross functional environment with overlapping responsibilities across multiple internal departments including Professional Services, Product Management, Engineering, Sales and Marketing.
Minimum Level of Education:
- BA/BS Degree + 5 years of experience or Masters in related field
Type of Experience and Minimum Number of Years:
- Background in information systems, Web development, interactive design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Product Design or a related field.
- 50% - travel to and work on client/other sites (up to 75% during peak season)
Pegasystems does not provide immigration sponsorship for this role