A pioneer and trusted leader in mission critical communications, Cassidian Communications, Inc, an EADS North America company, provides key technologies for public safety, Federal/DoD and corporate markets globally. Our full-circle security and communications portfolio includes IP-enabled call center applications for CAD, mapping and information management, as well as notification solutions and services, and P25 Land Mobile Radio networks. These Cassidian Communications offerings and others are resident in 14 of the 20 most populous US cities, 250+ military operations and internationally in 15 countries.
Under general supervision, provides remote and on-site system configuration, testing, cut and post cut support for Cassidian Communications 911 CCA solutions. The Field Engineer may also provide consultation to both internal and external customers in areas specific to their expertise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs System configurations for all supported and assigned Cassidian Communications 911 CCA solutions.
• Performs Site Verification Testing prior to cutting a site into a production environment.
• Provides support to Customers and Channel Partners while cutting the Cassidian Communications 911 solution into a productions environment.
• Documents all changes to the solution that may occur during the implementation phase of the project.
• Ensures that installation/quality issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
• Provides technical assistance to fellow Field Engineers where required and applicable.
• Ensures that escalated problems and issues are reported to the appropriate contacts.
Quality and Process Improvement
• Is familiar with and follows company IQP and ISO processes.
• Assists Field Engineering Specialist and Field Engineering Analysts in verifying documented field processes.
• Provides updates to department manuals as needed.
• Provides input to those responsible for maintaining CRM configuration databases and documentation of all customer sites.
• Assists in maintaining Field Engineering Installation procedures and checklist.
• Travels to customer sites to perform installation, testing and cut of Cassidian Communications 911 CCA solutions.
• On occasion, travels to customer sites to provide onsite troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Participates in Beta site implementations of Cassidian Communications products.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Associates Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
• 2+ years experience in installing, administering and/or maintaining local area networks, specifically in a Windows XP, Server 2003 and Active Directory environment.
• Expertise with installation and support of wide area networking system and associated protocols.
• Expertise supporting users and applications in a Windows XP, Server 2003 and Active Directory environment.
• Experience installing and maintaining MS Back office applications.
• Familiarity with LAN and WAN technologies such as: TCP/IP, VoIP, RAS, IPSec, VPN & SIP.
• Knowledge of database systems design and architecture (SQL).
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects.
• Very good interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as with others
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to travel frequently (many times on short notice)
• Ability to work the required hours of the position
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI)
• Industry certification in PCs, networks or telephony (e.g., MCSE or CCNA)
• Knowledge and/or experience with ISO standards, preferably 9001
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of an alcohol, drug, and controlled substance screening; a criminal and civil background investigation that is devoid of any felonies or misdemeanors; and favorable reference checks; as well as be authorized to work in the US.
Cassidian Communications, an EADS North America Company, is a great place to work and offers its employees a robust portfolio of benefits and is market competitive in its wage and salary practices. Cassidian Communications is ISO-9000 certified and is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.