Title: Systems Administrator Sr
Duration: 6+ Months (Contract To HIRE)
Address: 1250 Grumman Place, Titusville, FL - 32780
System Administrator, UNIX
A Sr. System Administrator (UNIX) will provide hands on HP-UX and Linux operational administration facilitating incident and problem resolution including platform and service vulnerability remediation. Additionally, this role provides engineering direction for UNIX platforms to improve quality and the overall security compliance stance. A person in this role will provide peer mentorship and drive platform and common service operational and engineering aspects. Including but not limited to: application patch planning, installation and coordination, capacity planning, VMWare vSphere management and patching, and maintain high levels of platform and service availability.
The Sr. System Administrator (UNIX) is expected to:
· Resolve difficult HP-UX and Linux server related issues
· Define alterations and capacity upgrades to the current server environments
· Mentor team members through ITIL process implementations
· Help establish and implement enterprise class standards for UNIX infrastructure
· Provide platform technical leadership
· Participate in DR testing and planning
· Work irregular hours implementing scheduled maintenance
· Participate and ensure adequate coverage for the technical on-call rotation
Specialized knowledge, skills, abilities
· Strong working knowledge of HP-UX and Linux (RedHat) system administration
· Understanding of the PCI-DSS and standard security best practices
· Administration and knowledge VMware vSphere
· Prefer knowledge and working experience with Apache Tomcat and Oracle GlassFish
· Tool creation and scripting experience utilizing shell, perl or python.
· Patch and update provisioning experience with Red Hat Network Satellite Server or Spacewalk preferred.
· Strong understanding of common data communication concepts, technologies and network/software configuration management.
· Strong written and verbal communication, as well as, organization and documentation skills.
· Strong customer service skills to deliver quality results in a demanding environment.
· Able to work well under pressure and within short time constraints.
· Individual must interact extensively with all levels of management, business and IT, and is required to act in a professional and confident manner.
· Self-motivator possessing a high sense of urgency and a high level of integrity.
· Ability to earn stakeholder trust
· Ability to inspire excellence with team members
· Total commitment to quality
· A creative and analytical style
· A willingness to work irregular hours
· Ability to support an extensive client base in varied geographical locations
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Required Certifications
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent work experience can be substituted.
Job Related Experience:
8+ years’ experience in a fast-paced systems support or engineering position preferably with a track record of career growth and managing resources.
Red Hat CSA or CE preferred but not required
HP CSA, CSE (HPUX) preferred but not required.
"All Clients Require Employment, Background Checks & Drug Test as a Part of Pre- Employment Hiring Process"
Primus Software Corporation (An INC 500 Company)
Direct: 770 573 0867 Fax: 770-234-4163
3061 Peachtree Industrial Blvd|Duluth, GA-30097
This* email and* any files transmitted with* it are confidential and* intended solely* for the use of* the individual* or* entity to whom they are* addressed and do not constitute a commitment by Primus Software Corporation, USA except where provided for in a written agreement* between you and the Company.* If* you are not the* intended* recipient of* this* message, delete it and notify sender* immediately.