Job DescriptionWe serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises * We are currently seeking a Sr. JAVA Programmer/Analyst
with experience developing/supporting object oriented application environments . You will report directly to the Manager of Shipboard Systems Development in our corporate office in Santa Clarita, CA (north of Los Angeles).
Enjoy a fast-paced, business-casual work environment working with the development team to develop applications/software that will be utilized by our Hotel Operations division and implemented across our fleet of 17 ships .
We welcome you to consider working with one of the world's premier cruise lines. Responsibilities
- Work independently in a fast paced team environment under the supervision of a Project Leader, in order to provide support and development of the Shipboard System and related supporting systems fleet wide.
- Assist project management personnel in application domain analysis as needed, design and documentation for Shipboard Systems applications using Use-Case and UML methods.
- Primary duties are to design, code, test, deploy and support application programs in the JAVA, JSP, Eclipse, TomCat/tc server, and Oracle environment).
- Work with other developers in a collaborative, agile, development methodology to analyze domain requirements as presented during development meetings and develop functional requirements and technical design documents, estimate feature complexities and programming to produce working software iterations with teams.
- Frequent iterative development cycles require skills necessary to program and coordinate others in the development of structured design requirements into an application system as per defined information flow, program functions, and data requirements.
- Define test criteria, preparation and compilation of test cases, analysis of results, and validation of Systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, MIS, or Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3 - 5 years business analysis skills and specific experience with JAD session methods and Use-Case documentation with UML modeling.
- Proven experience developing/supporting object oriented application environments using JAVA, JSP, JAVA Script, TomCat/tc server or other Java Application Server environment, and Oracle query, stored procedures and triggers.
- Experience in developing mission critical applications by making use of extensive frameworks such as STRUTS, Spring, and Hibernate.
- Ability to work with other developers on a mentoring basis to exchange knowledge about the project at-hand as well as Java programming skills in general in a "Chief Programmer" role.
- Working knowledge of MS Office products and change control programs [SVN, IT Audits, Audit-Formats, Lotus Notes, Hotel Systems/applications].
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of SDLC (software development life cycle) methodology such as "Feature Driven Development" (FDD).
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems.
- Must be deadline oriented and able to multitask in a group or team environment.
- Experience with FDD is a plus.
- On call support on a 24 X 7 basis.
- A flexible schedule (after hours and weekends) to meet project or implementation schedules may occasionally be required.
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel may be required.
- Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for child care, banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://careers.princess.com
. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.