We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises ** We are currently searching for a highly motivated Network Engineer who will assit in the network design, equipment selection, installation, operation, tuning and troubleshooting.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls **one of the best places to live in California.** With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
We welcome your interest in joining Princess Cruises ** one of the world's premier cruise lines with 17 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations ** and enjoying all the benefits and perks we have to offer.
- Responsible for managing multiple network projects, development plans, and schedules.
- Assists in the network design, equipment selection, installation, operation, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Installs routers, switches, modems, and other LAN/WAN equipment.
- Provides networking and telecom technical assistance.
- Monitors network projects, interfaces with vendors and consultants, and guides project to successful timely completion.
- Provides technical support on network problems.
- Researches new equipment and technologies for company applications.
- Applies knowledge of LAN/WAN network design and communication concepts protocols.
- Analyzes and prepares reports.
- Bachelor's degree or 6 to 8 years equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of four years related experience in LAN/WAN network project design and implementation.
- Experience with configuring Cisco switches and routers.
- Strong network monitoring and troubleshooting techniques.
- Knowledge of current network industry technologies.
- Strong communication skills. Ability to meet deadlines, maintain an attention to detail and accuracy, while working in a group or team environment.
- Ability to travel internationally for projects at remote shore and ship locations; approx. 20% travel required.
- CCNP Certification.
- LAN/WAN project management experience.
- Experience with wireless technologies and configuring wireless controllers.
- Experience configuring firewalls; familiarity with Juniper preferred.
- Experience configuring network accelerators; familiarity with Riverbed preferred.
- Experience with SolarWinds, Allott, Nomadix, Scrutinizer, NetFlow, ISE or NetBrain products.
- Prior experience with customer telephone support.
- Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for child care, banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://careers.princess.com. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer.