We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Princess Cruises - We are currently searching for a highly motivated Business Analyst with software development experience. You will report directly to the Information Technology manager.
In a city with enviable quality of life balance, our corporate offices are located in beautiful Southern California in downtown Santa Clarita. Santa Clarita is what CNN Money Magazine calls "one of the best places to live in California." With award-winning schools, special events and a large arts and cultural scene, Santa Clarita is the third largest city in Los Angeles County and is ranked as one of the safest cities in not only California, but in the nation.
We welcome your interest in joining Princess Cruises - one of the world's premier cruise lines with 17 ships sailing to hundreds of worldwide destinations - and enjoying all the benefits and perks we have to offer.
- Works closely with users in Human Resources and related departments to gather and assess user requirements and needs.
- Acts as liaison between business partners and HRIS team in developing and implementing business solutions impacting both shoreside and shipboard users.
- Participates in long term strategy for HR Systems.
- Provide first level support for suite of HRIS applications.
- Reviews current processes to identify areas of improvement and opportunities for new efficiencies.
- Designs and develops new processes to supplement and/or improve current operations.
- Identifies trends to recommend procedures/methods that enhance customer service.
- Administers the integration of new policies and procedures into company systems.
- Ensures corporate procedures and operations meet specified quality measures.
- Creates and Administers project plans.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems or, Business Administration or, equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Business Systems Analysis or, Design or, Testing or, Support.
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC.
- Strong SQL skills (SQL Server / ORACLE) that provide the ability to query databases through back-end tools.
- Must possess strong customer service, interpersonal, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience gathering business requirements for new IT systems and/or enhancements to existing system.
- Ability to identify issues of scope and risk to proposed project.
- Ability to continuously expand knowledge of our current systems and identify opportunities and constraints related to system improvements.
- Significant CIS course work or experience.
- Prior experience working as a programmer/developer, or working within a software development environment.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming, UML, domain modeling and/or use-case analysis.
- Flexible Work Schedule! 9/80 alternative workweek schedule providing each employee with one (1) weekday off every two weeks.
- Time off benefits - 8 paid holidays, paid vacation, bonus vacation time and paid sick time
- Travel - Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health - Complete benefit plans including medical, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts
- Wellness - Health and wellness programs include onsite biometric screenings, onsite exercise classes, onsite nutrition and lifestyle classes and discounted gym memberships
- Tuition Reimbursement - up to 75% with a maximum of $2000 per year
- 401(k) - Company match up to 6% of salary at 50% for the first 5 years and 100% thereafter
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan - up to a 15% discount off of FMV of CCL stock
- Training - In-house Princess University courses on professional development
- Rewards & Incentives - Employee Recognition and Reward Programs; rideshare, financial commuter incentives and free parking; special employee discounts for child care, banking services and retail stores
Apply today and set sail on an exciting new career course! Our goal is to be the number one cruise and cruise-tour provider. To make that happen, we need qualified, top-notch team members. If you're looking to get your talent noticed, apply today! Our application process is quick and easy:
Apply online at http://careers.princess.com. Enter the job title into the keyword search to access the job. If you are already on the Princess Cruises website be sure to create a profile and then apply directly to your specific job.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.