Senior Database Developer
Contract or CTH or FTE
We have an exciting opportunity for you to work in a dynamic and growing company with talented people. Come join our team of professionals and help us with the development of applications vital to the company’s success.
Working with the Director of Database Architecture, you will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of high quality data components to support our clients. Systems include transaction data, reporting systems, data warehouses (both Relational and Analysis Services), CRM/XRM data and interfaces to other custom and commercial systems.
You may work on multiple, medium to large scale technical projects at a time, as well as ongoing production support.
- Participate in the development of enterprise-wide strategies, processes, and standards for data architecture, storage and reporting.
- Mentor other team members including offshore resources.
- Lead and manage the efficiency, productivity, and processes of an Agile team
- Demonstrates quantifiable improvements in software development results through continuous process improvement, able to coach teams, Database Developers and Reports Engineers to yield higher levels of productivity and quality
- Design, code, document, unit test and maintain database scripts and objects to support .NET applications and data warehouse.
- Maintaining systems by identifying and correcting database defects
- Collaborate with the Database Architect to create, refine and document database models.
- Design, code, test and maintain database schema objects including stored procedures, functions, views and security
- Implement database unit tests using Visual Studio 2010 capabilities, utilize Microsoft TFS source control to manage the database schema
- Working as part of an Agile development team to solve problems and develop projects in a fast paced environment
- 7+ years of experience with database development and architecture
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the following:
Investigating new technologies to utilize in Business Intelligence solutions
- Data Modeling
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft SS Integration Services
- Microsoft SS Reporting Services
- Microsoft TFS
- Microsoft Visual Studio for Database Architects
- A plus is to demonstrate proficiency in the following:
- Must have a thorough understanding of structured programming design techniques and best-practice design patterns used to create high-quality, robust and readable code
- Must have experience in all phases of the Software Development Life cycle.
- An understanding of medical insurance is a plus.
- Microsoft SS Analysis Services
- SharePoint including PerformancePoint functionality
- CRM/XRM Entity modeling
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET 2010 and C# programming expertise
- Able to support development standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter that can work well in a team environment
Proactive issue resolution with a positive attitude
B.S. degree or above in Computer Science or related degree is required
Relevant professional certifications are preferred
Prosum is an EOE.