Pyramid Consulting has an IMMEDIATE need for a QA Analyst / Manual Tester with one of our direct client based in Chandler, AZ / Charlotte, NC
Job Title: QA Analyst / Manual Tester
Job Location: Chandler, AZ / Charlotte, NC
Duration: 12+ months contract
Creates, prepares and implements systems quality assurance reviews for numerous applications. Responsible for primary development of testing strategies. Consults with users, providing advice and direction. Performs more complex analysis of business requirements and system specifications. May serve as a coordinator for all testing activities on a project. Creates test plans and scripts for own projects. May lead and review test plans written by others. Performs moderately complex to complex test data conditioning, regression testing and testing validation. Provides specific guidance on defects to developers. Gives direction to less experienced analysts. Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects. Documents all phases of the Systems QA process.
5+ years IT quality assurance and systems/application testing experience.
- Unix / Linix a MUST. Free thinker who works well on the own.
- Under direct supervision, assists in the creation, preparation, and implementation of systems quality assurance reviews, as well as the development and execution of test plans and test scripts.
- Interacts with users to share information and clarify instructions.
- Creates basic to moderately complex test plans using templates and guidelines.
- Works with more experienced analysts to assist in test strategy development.
- Creates basic test cases and test scripts.
- Performs simple to moderately complex test data conditioning, regression testing and testing validation.
- Logs, tracks, and verifies resolution of software and specification defects.
- Documents all phases of the Systems QA process.
- May provide guidance to less experienced analysts.
Skill set required:
- Must have experience in QA process and SDLC (3+/5+ years)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must have proven team lead experience
- Web Methods experience is a plus but, if candidate does not have the experience, we are willing to train
- Analyze Requirement and Functional technical design documents and generate positive and negative test scenarios
- Create test plans and give test plan walkthroughs
- Logs, assigns and tracks defects
- Generate progress and traceability reports
- Chair defect meeting when required
- Responsible for keeping testing on deadline.
- Update test status daily for project team
- Approves code deploy requests when directed to do so
- QC/ALM background a plus
Pyramid Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). For Qualified professionals, we offer a competitive benefits package which could include:
- Life insurance
Please Note: We appreciate you sending us your resume. Your resume will never be submitted to a client company without your prior knowledge and consent to do so.