DevOps Linux Administrator
Location: San Francisco, CA
Duration: 6+ month contract
We are seeking a DevOps Linux Administrator for our client in San Francisco and San Mateo. They are looking for someone who is more of a linux systems admin with operational support experience (linux generalist) for this particular role. Please send resume at email@example.com / call 408-200-3510
This position is only for candidates local to bay area and are looking for w2 contract/ C2H opportunities.
Rather than administering the build and release lifecycle you will be engineering the services that automate application provisioning and put self service capabilities in the hands of our application development and operations teams. This is a chance to put continuous integration and delivery methods into practice in a very large, managed private cloud environment! You'll join an engineering team developing standardized source code control, build, artifact and deployment management services integrated into loosely coupled toolchains to form a common Deployment Pipeline for Engineering Services as a whole.
Collaborating with a dedicated UI development team, you'll design and implement the standard solutions that support our comprehensive enterprise private cloud infrastructure. You'll find that we bring the same creative focus on design to our internal systems as you see in our customer facing products, seeking simplicity, clarity and efficiency bringing order to complex engineering services. Beyond technology and process engineering you'll also be part of Agile practice transformation promoting collaboration across the development and operations organization.
Other responsibilities include ongoing issues such as capacity planning, performance improvement, and automation/tool development. The role is also responsible for supporting lab and QA environments. The ideal candidate is expected to excel under pressure, work well with others, be self-motivated, and be able to manage short and long term projects. Implementing automation for kickstarting, monitoring, management, and support will be a key component of the position.
You will actively interface with software developers, network engineers, systems, storage, project management and database administrators on projects and providing second tier on call support will be required.
You will be able to Identify root cause, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure.
Good communication and teamwork is extremely important. The role also involves participating in the 24x7 pager rotation of the team.
• Minimum 5-7 years in systems administration/Engineering/DevOps, networking in a large environment (500+ servers minimum)
• Technical (Engineering or Computer Science) BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience
• In-depth hands on in the Linux operating system, networking, server, and cloud architectures
• Extensive experience with Amazon Web Services or another cloud PaaS
• An ace with shell scripting, Perl, ruby, and/or C
• Familiar and comfortable with the following: Apache, Nginx, memcached, ElasticSearch, Capistrano , network analysis tools, etc.
• Experience in creating software/scripts to automate production systems with some of the following: bash, Perl, ruby, python, C/C++, etc.
• Excellent understanding of DNS, network security
• Proficiency with source control, continuous integration and testing methods ( svn, git )
• Ruby / Rails
• Load balancing techniques, traffic routing, and caching for distributed web applications, scalability
• SQL databases, Cassandra, MongoDB, Riak or other NoSQL solutions
• Minimum 5 years’ experience of application build and release engineering in SOA architectures
• Development of (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Ansible) modules for auto installation and configuration management
• Automating CI using tools