JAVA/Relational Databases Software Engineer:
3 + years experience in large scale, distributed systems and Java development
• Experience with performance testing & Huge data volume
• Experience leading design and development of individual modules using Agile methodologies and RUP.
• Experience in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java and J2EE, including Servlets, JSP, Java Beans, EJB, JMS, RMI, JDBC.
• Strong relational, Postgres a big plus, but Oracle or other major platform (DB2 or SQL Server)
• Write conceptually complex multi-way joins and have them perform well
• Understanding of two phase commits, high availability, scalability, application-driven sharding
• Strong OO concepts, Component based development and basic computing skills
• OS concepts, threads, data structures, inter-networking, RDBMS and SQL
• Making use of distributed caching systems to speed the performance of data retrieval
• Strong Preference: Interest / experience in analytics and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig